four

Nene, Hanako and I sat on the rooftop on a polka-dotted blanket, looking over the cream-haired girl's shoulder at some kind of romance book

"I wish a hot guy would fall out of the sky for me that way..." She closed her eyes. Oh, great. She's in one of her fantasizing moments again. Honestly, I do the same with the characters I simp for..

"..Seriously?" Hanako asked. "No, not seriously. I know the difference between reality and fiction, thank you."'

"Hm? Really? Remember in junior high when you-" I stared, before she slapped her hand over my mouth. "Okaay, that's enough! Nobody needs to hear about that!" She yells over my protests.

"Anyways, I'm working as an assistant to a ghost, so yeah, sometimes I wonder about those kinda of experiences." She laughed nervously as I pulled her hand off my mouth.

"What experiences?" The boy asked.

"So many. But like in this movie, for example..."

"A gorgeous young girl is held captive by an evil spirit. And just when she starts to lose hope, a man falls from the sky and rescues her! He skillfully strips the evil spirit from his powers. Then he and the girl fall in love." She sighs dreamily.

"Was I just exorcised in that daydream?"

"And that's why I rarely have movie nights with you anymore. You're only into this kind of stuff and you're too much of a pussy to watch horror with me." I crossed my arms, remembering the last time we watched one of my suggestions. "It's weird. You like horror stories, but the movies?"

"You have a dangerous mind." The ghost takes away the book that she was holding in her hands. "What's more, dreams like that are useless." He squeezes Nene's cheeks with his hand. "You've still got me here, after all!" He leans into her face.

Why do I feel jealous?

.

.

.

Oh, no, I'm in love with a pervy ghost boy, aren't I... 

Eh, it's probably like a fictional crush or something. I just find him physically attractive, that's all... and personality wise. It's like those things when I start simping for someone and then I cry in my pillow and throw it across the room because they can't be real and actually go out with me.

BUT HANAKO IS REAL IN THIS UNIVERSE, WHICH MEANS I HAVE A CHANCE?!?!

Nope, give up, he's never dating you. Besides, I'm pretty sure that he likes Ney. It's okay! It's just like a fictional crush!

"Uh... [l/n]? You've been spacing out for quiiite a bit there." Hanako waved his hands in front of my face.

"Hmm? Oh, my bad!" I fix my hair, my [e/c] eyes looking over at him.