4│UNBREAKABLE BONDS

Mulai dari awal

Dany smiled happily and nodded as she and Drogon turned around to go back the way they came. Even after more than a year of knowing everyone, she was still getting used to having so many friends— especially ones like Astrid, who actually asked her to hang out. Stormfly looped around Drogon playfully as the girls ribbed about Snotlout and the twins' carelessness.

🏹🏹🏹

When everyone had regrouped at the arena, the last thing they expected— which, really, should have been the first thing, considering Hiccup's affinity for them— was the introduction of a seemingly brand-new dragon species. The tiny dragon was almost bat-like, with wings longer than its body and a sharp, pointed snout. Its horns curled above its ears, whose deadly points matched its talons. Its scales shimmered with red and gold as if the dragon itself was made out of fire.

Fishlegs was clearly the most enthusiastic about the discovery as he exclaimed, "this is so exciting! It's a whole new species!"

Tuffnut leaned closer to the dragon as he examined it critically. "Doesn't look like a flaming squirrel to me."

However, the boy seemed to not have heard him as he carried on brightly, "we have no idea what it's capable of! There's no telling what it might do."

The tiny dragon, curious about its new surroundings, made chittering sounds as it crawled around on the ground. Tuffnut crouched down to look the creature in the eye. "Flame. Do it!"

Like most beings, the dragon chose not to listen to him and lunged forward instead. His sharp teeth latched onto the teen's nose, causing him to yelp in pain. "Ah! Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!"

His sister laughed at his reaction— at least until he managed to free himself of the dragon, who landed on her face next. He chuckled as Ruffnut flailed around. "Hey, that is funny."

Hiccup sent the twins an annoyed look at their antics. The dragon grew tired of terrorizing the siblings and returned to the brunet's arms as he insisted, "come on, you guys. This is serious. We have to figure out what to do with him. He's hurt."

"He's hurt?" Tuffnut demanded as he pointed to his red nose.

"He's just really scared," Hiccup said, scratching the dragon between his horns. "He'll settle down."

Fishlegs wasn't so easily convinced as he reminded them, "um, new species, remember? We actually don't know what he'll do."

Astrid looked around at the group as she pointed out, "well, somebody's gotta take him home."

Almost all at once, they turned to look at Dany, who had the most experience with dragons. She felt her skin prickle as their gazes landed on her, their expressions varying from hopeful (Fishlegs) to indifferent (the twins.) Since she was so new to having friends, she was still concerned about them liking her. She didn't want to say no and disappoint them, even though she thought that keeping an unknown dragon was a bad idea. So, she let out a sigh of defeat and held out her arms. "Oh, alright."

The group dispersed, leaving just her and Hiccup in the ring as he transferred the dragon into her hold. Her eyes stayed trained on the creature as she spoke up hesitantly. "Um, Hiccup?"

"Yeah?"

"You. . . you know that this is probably a baby dragon, right? And its mother will be out looking for it? I mean. . . wouldn't it be better if we just. . . put it back?"

Hiccup gave her a reassuring smile. "Maybe, but shouldn't we at least study it? And besides, we can't leave an injured dragon out by itself." His tone became pleading as he added, "come on, Dany. It's just for the night! We'll figure it out in the morning."