chapter 17: A Deadly Blizzard

Zayn had zipped past so many Navy soldiers , slicing their necks in such a short time that he had actually tired himself out a bit.

He decided to head back to the zip past the way he came , however a sudden chill ran up his spine.

His instincts kicked in and dodged out of the way of an incoming rapier slash.

The owner of said weapon , was none other than Vice Admiral Nina. Present on the battlefield with a rapier in hand.

" Thunder Beast Zayn , you will surrender now or die by my blade! " she exclaimed.

Zayn raised an eyebrow at her and snapped his fingers , his helmet disappearing and revealing his face to the woman.
" Any other options , those don't seem like any good for me at the moment " he said.

Nina pointed her swords tip at the swordsman , her blood red eyes glaring at him.
" Choose , one of those options will guarantee that you live a bit longer before execution " she stated.

The swordsman chuckled.
" That supposed to make being jailed sound any better? No thanks " he said as he snapped his fingers again.

This time , his mechanical weapons , the switch blade appeared. However it looked different , it's complete look had changed to resemble his armor.

Nina immediately recognized the weapon in hands and scoffed.
" Giving you one of their weapons in exchange for you're protection , this country really is desperate " she said while cutting the air between them ,
" No matter , you will die here then. By my sword "

Once those words left her mouth , she disappeared.out of Zayn's line of sight and behind him.
The swordsman reacted with speed and used the shied on his left hand to block an attack from the Vice Admiral.

He grunted as he was forced to block a straight poke from her with his shield , then shoving her away by using his strength to push against the rapier.

She backed away and lunged forward , this time poking multiple times that it looked like she was stabbing every millisecond.

" Million Stab! "

She exclaimed as her attack's collided with Zayn's shield.
The swordsman was forced to block , however unable to stop every stab with one cutting past his right cheek.

When her attack was over , Zayn saw an opportunity for a counter , but she immediately stopped him from cashing in that opportunity by flipping away and then thrusting her rapier forward.

" Yuki Rabi (雪兎ゆきラビ, Snow Rabbit") "

This sent numerous solid hardened snowballs with small rabbit-like ears, whiskers, and eyes at Zayn. The swordsman rolled away , causing them to hit a marine soldier , the effect resulted in him having multiple holes in his torso before falling to the ground.

Zayn's eyes widened , then her turned to Nina who was standing in a professional fencing stance. Smirking at the swordsman who realized what danger he was really in.

" I first saw this attack being used by the previous user of this power. She was killed by the swordsman Roronoa Zoro and when her fruit was located I was gifted it and learnt that exact technique along with a handful of others " She said as she walked towards him. Her eyes changing from blood red , to icy crystal blue.
" The power's of the Snow-Snow fruit , along with my fencing expertise , makes this fight unwinnable for you. "

Zayn got up and glared at the woman. He looked at the Shield on his left hand and then at the sword on his right.
Gripping the sword tight , he prepared for what was to come next.