|87| The biggest mistake ever

Start from the beginning

"You look handsome," Felix says politely. He isn't one to give compliments, he is too professional for that so when he says something, you know he means it.

"Thank you, Felix. Could you go get the car ready while I finish up here?"

"Of course." He nods before disappearing out of the room.

Walking towards my dresser I take the Armani perfume I usually wear on special occasions and spray it on my neck and wrists. Matteo was the one who discovered this perfume a few years ago, since then we have both started using it. However, unlike me, he uses more than this one, he is a lot more into fashion and all this stuff than I am but I would say this one is also his signature.

Younger brothers are supposed to copy the older ones, and that was the case when we were younger, now we seem to be doing the opposite. I haven't noticed until recently how I'm slowly gravitating toward his look, my hair is a lot longer than usual, and I have stopped styling it so perfectly and moved into a more carefree style, like Matteo. And I have taken some more of his habits, going to the library, reading... drinking. I'm not proud of that last one.

I wish he was here, he would probably laugh at me and say something like "All my life telling me to stop stealing your shit and copying you for you to copy me now." Then I would call him an asshole and two minutes later we would have moved on to something else completely and act as if nothing had happened. Younger siblings, they drive you crazy but at the end of the day, they are the best thing that could have ever happened to you.

___

"Should we park here on the street or should we park in some parking lot and then walk to their building?" Felix looks at me from the driver's side. There was some traffic so we came directly to Tomás' building since we had no spare time left.

"Park here, just in case. It's closer and the building is right that way." I point to a free spot on the other side of the street.

He nods and starts maneuvering to park, I dread the day I will have to learn how to do this again with a prosthetic. Hopefully, it won't be that hard. When I'm looking behind us and to the side so I can tell him when to stop my phone rings and I'm surprised to see Nathan's name across the screen.

I stare at it, wondering if I should pick up or not, a part of me is still mad at him for leaving me hanging when I needed him most but another part of me understands the reason why he did that and wants to accept the call to find out why he is calling now.

"Not going to take that?" Felix asks a little confused.

"No." I shake my head deciding that it's not worth it and decline the call before putting the phone back into my pocket. But just a few seconds later it starts to vibrate again, and I know it's a text, not a call so I can't help but look.

I have Alessio in custody, someone in my team went through those papers you sent to the office and thought it was worth a try. You have about half an hour until his lawyer gets here. It's now or never.

I had completely forgotten about those papers, I sent them to his office a day before I barged into his house. Since my idea was trying to convince him of helping me more professionally and conventionally but then everything went down and I snapped. Which brought me to do what I did that day.

"Everything okay?" I can feel Felix's eyes studying me.

I don't answer, I just keep staring at the text message, thinking about my options. Alessio could be the answer to everything, he was the last person to be in contact with my father, and he isn't known to be loyal to anyone, he can be bought. Taking information out of him isn't that hard. And this opportunity, I won't get it again, it's truly now or never...