Chapter 25 - Wrong Place, Wrong Time (NSFW)

Without moving from your position in Cloud's arms you sigh.

"We should head back. They'll be wondering where we are."

You feel Cloud nod in response and his reluctance to let you out of his embrace is palpable. Your shy eyes meet and you exchange small smiles full of unspoken hopes and promises.

You open the door to the balcony to head back inside but immediately close it again. Your simultaneous sudden backwards movement causes Cloud to walk into the back of you. You turn on the spot, the speed of which causes your dress to fan out dramatically. Before Cloud can even open his mouth to enquire over your strange actions, you put one index finger over your lips and the other on his. Cloud's eyes can only dilate at your touch and he lets you push him backwards into the corner of the balcony hidden from the room against the wall next to the glass patio doors.

Cloud can only concentrate on the feel of your body pushed up against his and the fact that your finger is still on his lips. It all makes sense when he hears muffled voices coming from inside the room.

"Not yet! You're naughty!" A high pitched female voice filters through the glass doors so that you and Cloud can hear their conversation.

"Come here baby. No one dares tease me like this." A deep commanding voice dripping with sleaze responds. A frown forms on your forehead as this voice is somewhat familiar.

The female giggles with an air of pretence.

"You're going to have to catch me first!"

You and Cloud hear shuffling and footsteps followed by a squeal when the male must have caught her. There are a few moments of quiet before unmistakable wet kisses can be heard.

The panic in your eyes is reflected in Cloud's, as the two of you are subjected to the unsavoury noises coming from within the room. You rack your brain to come up with a plan to get away, but the balcony is the only one on this side of the mansion, it is also way too high to jump and there are no materials out here to fashion anything to climb down. On top of this, you just cannot risk being seen alone with a man. You cringe at the rumours that would be spread and how it would hurt Rufus and how furious Scarlet would be. You cannot work out what is going through Cloud's mind but being the practical man he is, you guess he is also running through escape options and also conclude that there is no way out for the both of you.

A blush is evident on both yours and Cloud's faces as the noises from the two people in the room grow more and more explicit. You are becoming increasingly more aware of how your body is flush against Cloud's and that you can feel his muscles tense beneath his suit. Cloud's expression is one of concentration, which confuses you as you wonder what he is concentrating on.

A sharp knock at the room's door cuts through the x-rated noises and you hear the male voice almost roar back in rage.

"What?!" The voice booms, the annoyance in his tone almost tangible.

The person who knocked at the door must have responded but you cannot hear through two sets of doors.

"I'm on the way." The male snaps.

You venture a peep through the glass doors and you can see a female in a maid uniform straddling a heavy set male with whitening blonde hair. You stifle a gasp. It is President Shinra. Your stomach turns and you press your face into Cloud's chest as you try to hide from what you had heard previously, especially now knowing it is Rufus' father.

"Wait here. I need to say goodbye to those royal bastards and then I'll be back." President Shinra hisses at the maid and stomps out of the room.

Now alone, the maid hums an almost melancholy tune as she looks at her nails. Sometime later she stands and makes her way to the ensuite bathroom closing the door behind her.