"That seems like our only hope", Declan sighed.

"Yes. It's almost sad", Josh remarked.

A day after Josh arrived they both agreed on the fact that they needed to be familiarised with this world's past history. They cannot just walk into nothing with nothing, which includes getting educated on some basic information about this world and it's creatures to be able to survive out there, mostly for Josh.

So for a few days they read tons of books, made notes on every event that's happened since the disappearance of the Phoenix. They are now practically thorough with the Mystic world's history.

Declan exhaled soundly looking distressed as he turned to face his partner. "Josh we need to know what happened a millenium ago. What is the reason behind the phoenix not resurrecting again? What happened to his sword once he was gone? How did the powerful gem detach from the sword? Where is it now? It's too many questions."

Josh removed his legs from the table, leaned forward on the table looking serious. "This is practically a dead end case. No leads, no witnesses, no evidence. We'll be jumping in blind if we're doing this."

"I remember solving a few cases back home where we've had nothing to begin with. It's not unsolvable", Declan shrugs, trying to sound optimistic.

"Right and I'm not trying to be a pessimist here. All I'm saying is that..don't be disappointed if this case ends up in a dusty shelf in the corner of a room", Josh sighed a little in the end.

"We can't afford to let it land in a dusty shelf in the corner of the records room, Josh. It's people's lives we'll be gambling with", Declan reminded.

"I know. It's literally do or die", Josh shrugs.

"You're right", Declan nods.

Declan wasn't sure if it was the eager former cop inside him that was jumping at the chance of getting back to his old life. Something he's missed for a while or was it really a hero instinct. But he was sure he's taking up this case.

"We just need to think this is a regular case", Declan suggested. "So that means we need to get the backstory first. Now the problem is that we just don't need the backstory of a couple years. Quite tragically a thousand years", He sighed in defeat.

Josh grunted. "And no CCTV cameras to begin with."

"This man Elder Rufus mentioned. I have hopes from him. He definitely knows something. Once we figure out what happened during the phoenix's last moments I guarantee we'll have a lead", Declan crossed his arms accross his chest.

"And you said this man, who's by the way older than my great grandfather, would not come here to meet us. We need to travel up to the north mountains because dragons don't carry phones", Josh rolled his eyes.

"Yup", Declan nods. "I'll discuss this with the elders and we'll leave soon?"

"That's the plan", Josh agrees.

As their conversation ended on a plan they got interrupted by a bunch of heavy, agressive knocks on the door surprising them both until a girl's voice comes through.

"I know you're in there Declan! Open up! How dare you ignore me for days like I don't exist! Open up before I knock this door down! You know I can!", Lena screams threateningly from outside.

Declan winced inwardly. He was anticipating this. Since Josh's arrival he's kinda lost track of time which includes meeting with Lena.

"Don't tell me they got a banshee here because that will push me off the edge and drive me to insanity", Josh remarked, a frown on his face.