𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

Hope's safety and wellbeing appears to be the most important thought on every one of the Mikaelsons' minds, and rightfully so. Whether it be having to keep up the ruse in New Orleans, dealing with intense grief of having to pretend your baby is dead, or reminding yourself to move to another town to make sure someone doesn't catch onto the whereabouts of the young girl, the entire family are wound up with their own tidal waves of emotions and the daily complications being thrown at them left, right, and centre.

Ophelia grits her teeth together, then drains an entire bag of blood that she had been given by Melissa McCall; the woman who had raided the stock room at the hospital for her. Being properly introduced to her wasn't the most comfortable position to be in, particularly after she had been informed that Scott had fully filled his mother in on all the missing supernatural details about herself. Initially, Melissa had been downright terrified of Ophelia, backing away with a ghostly pale face and muttering inaudible pleas for Scott to get the girl out of their house. Four months later and after a heap of reassuring and convincing from herself, Scott, and Stiles, things had drastically taken a turn and Melissa considers her to be a close family friend. One of those family friend responsibilities included 'borrowing' blood from the supply fridges at Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital.

Slamming her front door behind her, the teenage girl jogs down to her car and starts the engine of her Porsche with the intentions to head over to Stiles' house and see what had been found overnight. She has zero intention of going to school afterward though. Instead, she plans to run through the Preserve in her wolf form, using the physical exercise to clear her mind and take out her anger on a bird or a lone deer. Just to be nice, she would bring the leftover meat home, then gift it to her friends for a barbecue or roast dinner.

While she cranks the radio up to full volume and winds all the windows down, she realises that she has a strong feeling that whatever they were researching on didn't take 'minutes' like Stiles had convincingly told Derek the prior evening. However, if it meant reading through stacks and stacks of old new articles to distract herself from the abrupt departure of Rebekah and Hope, so be it.

Parking the car next to the Sheriff's car in front of the Stilinski's house, Ophelia yawns loudly as she takes her time walking up to the front door. Digging through her purse, she pulls out a chain full of various colours and sizes of keys. Eventually finding the one she needs, she quickly unlocks the door and walks inside, having already been invited in the first time she had been around to binge Star Wars movies with Stiles. Just as she quietly shuts it behind her, she freezes and winces when a pair of footsteps stop behind her.

"Now, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Sheriff," she greets with a beaming smile. "Lovely to see you. Isn't the weather just wonderful today?"

The man narrows his eyes at her, and he goes to nod, but realises that his front door had been locked since last night. The second he spots the key in her hand, his eyebrows raise. "Key," he states plainly.

"It's only fair since your son has one for my house."

Noah Stilinski blinks repeatedly and stares at her with disbelief. Then he remembers who his son is. "Right, of course he does..." He sighs in defeat and waves a hand over to the stairs standing a few metres from them. "C'mon, you can help me wake them up."

"I've been waiting for this moment all month," she responds with glee, the excited giggle causing him to chuckle.

"They stayed up researching something all night, no clue what it was about," he, taking a sip out of the coffee cup in his hand.

Ophelia chuckles as they stop outside Stiles' bedroom door, the blonde already picking up on the faint snoring from inside the room. "So, what's the procedure on these things? Do you just yell?" She rocks back and forth on her heels and chews on the inside of her cheek. "Or am I allowed to get ice...?"