Akiro is Lucky

~*~

After 3 months of training with his father, Akiro had finally become more muscular than his puny body of 3 months ago. But apart from his new-found strength, he didn't really think he'd changed much, and hadn't even noticed any new abilities. He expected to shoot webs with his hands or lasers with his eyes. But he remained normal.

Today, he was going to high school, having missed the entrance ceremony because he was still training with his father. He was able to pass his high school graduation exams just in time. He didn't have to go back to college, he could do all his business at the exam site. Although he hadn't met any of his stalkers, he still felt a sense of relief despite his gain in strength. High school was just average for a district like Shinjuku. Even if you had a lot of absences like Akiro, you could get in without too many problems.

Akiro was excited about his first day at school, which is why he'd put a lot of perfume on himself. He'd hoped to have a uniform like in his dreams, but it was completely black with just gold buttons to stand out from the rest of the uniform. After looking at himself in the mirror, he went downstairs with his bag, but the house bell interrupted his reveries. Being alone because his father was at the dojo, he had to go and see who was ringing the doorbell. He didn't expect a friend at all, since he didn't have any. He'd stopped thinking of Emma as such after her 1,000th defeat. She hadn't even tried to see if he was all right after all that.

When Akiro opened the door, his face lit up; it was a girl standing in front of him. She was very pretty. Her long, silky black hair hung loosely over her shoulders, she had a slight smile on her face and big, bright, beautiful blue eyes.

- Hi! Your ringtone's weird," she said cheerfully.

- Hi, who are you? Yes, I know...

- Excuse me, I forgot, I'm new in the neighborhood so I came to say hello, the other neighbors said you were one of the two teenagers my age in the neighborhood. I'm Alice Jäeger.

- Jäeger ???

- Yeah, Jäeger. Isn't that a common name around here?

- Not really, I just thought of something else, sorry! I'm Akiro Shinami!

- Oh ok... Nice to meet you Shinami-san! I'm sorry but right now I have to go! See you at school, I guess? You look like you're wearing the same uniform as the boys at my school, I believe. I hope we can talk there!

Alice Jaeger was already saying goodbye to Akiro, but unfortunately he hadn't had time to reply. She was talking fast and seemed to be hyperactive. Finally, he decided to just close the door. An alarm sounded and, checking the time on his phone, it said 7:58. He had to go to school now.

~*~

Once Akiro arrived at the school, he could see how huge the school was, with lots of windows and students walking everywhere. Two boys were staring at him and whispering to each other. He thought it was because he'd become muscular and taller over the last few months. But he didn't care, he still had no friends and no one knew who he was to him. The other students in his middle school should be in a better school in his opinion.