ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩

Start from the beginning

It was the end of my shift, and I was happy all I wanted to do was go home and relax. And maybe watch a little bit of Supernatural.

I've finished all of my assignments that are due in a few days, now I get to have at least a day all to myself. Until I have to come back to this hell hole.

Once I make it to my shared office, I gather my things before rushing out of the room.

"Have a good rest of your night hon!" Donna smiles at me before returning her gaze back at her computer.

"You too." I said walking out of the building.

When I make it home I sigh in satisfaction taking off my shoes. I plop down onto the couch closing my eyes. I was so tired, it's been work, work, work nonstop.

It wasn't even just work, it was getting assignments in too. Along with taking care of my teenage brother everything was to much for me.

Ever since I was disowned I've been debating on if I should drop all of this medical schooling and pursue culinary school. After all it was what I wanted to do before being shoved into this field.

But then again I don't know if I really want to start over. That's the laziness talking, if I really want to do my own thing then I need to trust myself and the process.

A light tap echoed throughout the quiet room causing me to open my eyes I glance at the staircase when I hear gliding of slippers hit the ground.

"I didn't think you were still up." I look at Luca tiredly, but all of that washes away when I see tears staining his face.

"W-What's wrong." I question him standing up from the couch. "Did something happen?"

When he didn't respond I grew more concerned. He walk towards me and sits on the couch, I eye him as confusion was written all over my face.

Sighing, I sit down beside him and he leans his head onto my shoulder. We sat in awkward silence I wanted to continue asking what was wrong until he told me— but that felt wrong.

If he wants to tell me then he'll tell me... When he feels the time is right that is.

"Look, I don't know what's going on. It's okay if you don't want to tell me... Just know I'll always have your back no matter what." I softly smile at him.

When he didn't respond I just kind of left it at that. I didn't want to make things any more awkward for him or me. But thankfully that awkwardness was disturbed by the ringing of my phone.

I quickly pick it up and put it on speaker without really paying attention to the caller id.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Jace, wanna come over? I'm inviting my friends over since my brother has all his friends over."

"Jace?" I look down at my phone in confusion.

"Yeah, that's your new nickname. Anyways you tryna come over?" She questions over the phone.

I sigh. "Uh, I don't know—"

"We should go." Luca intervenes. I knit my eyebrows turning my head looking at him confused.

"We?"