Chapter 38

"I don't know if you guys noticed that most of the monsters which were attacking Ling Fei's group earlier were emitting a green flame when they were attacking?"

After listening to Yn, the three of them thought about what they had just witnessed before they nodded their heads. "Yes, I think that was the case."

"But there were two or three monsters which emitted a red flame when they were attacking. I believe that the green monsters are very likely to be under the control of the red monsters."

"After carefully analyzing and watching the red monsters, I have also realized that their attacks are stronger and fiercer in comparison to the green monsters."

"Therefore, I suspect that the red monsters are more advanced prototypes that have the ability to detect our screams and subsequently send a signal out to the other monsters to start attacking."

"So, what should we do next?" Kim Beishen asked Yn as she started stretching her body. They were all already exhausted after spending a long night running around the island.

"I want to...try and take down one of the red monsters."

Kim Beishen, Jing Mingchen, and Tong Tong were taken aback.

Was Yn crazy?

She must be crazy! Otherwise, why would her suggestion sound so incredibly insane and scary? However, they could not deny that although the suggestion was strange, it seemed like the right thing to do...

"I propose that we take a vote. If all of you are too scared, then you can just hide in the building. I can go alone."

"What are you talking about? This is just like robbing a bank...how are you going to do it on your own?" Kim Beishen refuted Yn's words immediately. "I will go with you."

"Count me in!" Tong Tong raised his hand immediately.

"How can you leave out Mingchen's screams at this time?" The four of them burst out in laughter as soon as they heard Jin Mingchen's words.

On the other hand, Ling Fei's group had already suffered another two monster attacks and at this time, all of them were in extremely bad shape. The men's blood meters had extremely low readings and were almost depleted, especially because they had to step up and sacrifice themselves to protect Ling Fei from the monsters. However, at this time, they still had no idea on what they should do and how they could obtain the other hints without encountering the monsters. They finally decided to set up camp and rest in the building until morning, with the hopes that the monsters would stop attacking during the day.

"I wonder how Yn's group is doing at this time." Qi Mo could not help but sigh as he drank some water. He felt that Yn and Kim Beishen were very pitiful because they were two helpless girls and he wondered if they could eat or drink anything if they were being constantly attacked by the monsters.

"Why are you so worried about people from another group when we are in such a miserable state ourselves?" Ling Fei could no longer stop herself from losing her temper and she lashed out at Qi Mo as soon as he started worrying about the other group.

"You are miserable? The five of us are the miserable ones! We have been sacrificing ourselves to protect you throughout the night. How could you be miserable?" Qi Mo could not help but replied. "Didn't you say that Mingchen was the trigger that was attracting the monsters to attack us? Now that Mingchen is already gone, is there anyone else that you can push the blame to?"

"You were the one who willingly chose to be in my group. Moreover, I have already obtained two out of the six maps. You want to blame me now? Since you are so concerned about Yn, maybe you can use your ticket to switch over to her group then. You should be given the chance to experience what it feels like to be with the source of all evil."