You Want A Smoke?

Start from the beginning

"Unless you're about to tell me you're a murderer and are on the run and Niall's helping you then I'm sure it's not that bad." He says, making me chuckle. I take another deep breath before I continue again.

"He was there when I came out as bisexual." I say quietly, looking at the ground, not wanting to see his reaction. "See, nothing to be afraid of. You're not a murderer so I don't have to fear for my life." He jokes, making me visibly relax. "Thanks Lou, but yeah, um. He was actually the first person I ever told, although he told me he had already figured it out and was just waiting for me to tell him myself. Which I was grateful for." I say, slowly starting to relax back into the chair.

"You know it's nothing to be ashamed of right?" He questions as he stubs out his cigarette. "I know, I guess it's just not knowing how people are gonna react which is the scary part." I say, turning to look at him. "Yeah, I get it. When I came out as bisexual to Zayn and Liam I was a nervous wreck." He says, turning to look at me.

"Good to know you aren't a murderer either." I manage to get out. On the outside I hope I came across as calm but on the inside I was absolutely screaming. Do this mean I may have a chance? Because there's no denying that I feel something for him, but will he ever feel anything for me? My thoughts continue to run wild before I'm brought back to earth by Louis' voice.

"I'm not sure why I was so worried though. They were both incredibly supportive, but I guess it's like what you said, you'll never know someone's reaction until you actually tell them." I just hum in response, not really knowing what to say before asking him how he met Liam and Zayn.

"Zayn and I met in high school when he moved to my school and we got talking in class one day and we just hit it off straight away. Liam and I used to play in the same soccer team but believe it or not we didn't always get along. It wasn't until him and Zayn started hanging out and inviting me along that we started to actually like each other. He finishes with a chuckle, probably thinking back to when him and Liam didn't get along.

"I don't believe you." I fold my arms over my chest, because there's no way they didn't get along at the start. "If you don't believe me you can always go ask him yourself." Louis responds with a cheeky look on his face. "I might just do that." I smirk, turning to look at him at the same time he looks at me. Our eyes lock onto each other's again before he's looking away.

"Come on Curly, let's get back inside." He says while standing up and heading towards the glass door, waiting for me to join him.

Once we made it back inside and into the lounge room where the other three were Liam was standing with his car keys in his hand.

"Hey man, Liam's gonna give us a lift home if you're ready to go. I've got a morning shift tomorrow so I need to get my shit sorted." Niall says, turning in my direction. "Um yeah, I should probably get home as well. I've also got work in the morning." I say, walking over to my shoes to put them on.

"Bye lads, see you later." I hear Zayn yell at us from the kitchen. "See ya later," "bye mate." Niall and I yell back at the same time. I turn around to say my goodbyes to Louis.

"Bye Curly, I'll see you soon. Don't miss me too much." He laughs, winking at me, nearly making me melt to the floor. "I - I'll - I'll try not to." I stutter out, mentally slapping myself because what the hell was that and why did he think it was ok to wink at me.

I hear Niall and Liam trying to hold in their chuckles beside me and so I glare at them, pushing my way past them and making my way towards the car.

~~~

"So, you and Tommo ay?" Liam teases, wiggling his eyebrows at me from the drivers seat. I slowly sink myself into the passenger seat, feeling my cheeks slightly heat up. "It's not like that, I mean yeah, I like him but I don't think he'll ever feel the same." I say, eyes going wide in realization that I just outed myself to Liam.

"Mate, we've heard the pet names and trust me when I say that I've never seen Louis look at anyone the way he looks at you. If he doesn't like you then Ed Sheeran doesn't have red hair." Liam says, not even batting an eye at my confession about my sexuality.

"Yeah man, it's quite cute actually." Niall pipes up from the back seat.

~~~

When we make it home we both said our goodbyes to Liam and thank him for dropping us home before he was backing out of the driveway and driving back to his house.

When Niall and I made our way inside we both went to our rooms to get our things ready for work in the morning. Once I had everything ready I went and had a hot shower, thinking about how I woke up wrapped around Louis and had his arm draped gently over my waist.

I thought about our conversation outside and the wink he sent me before I left. What was he doing to me?

After getting lost in my thoughts and washing myself I turn the shower off, grabbing my towel and drying myself before getting dressed. When I finish getting dressed I make my way to my bedroom ready to get into bed.

That night I fall asleep with Liam's words replaying in my head.

"Mate, we've heard the pet names and trust me when I say that I've never seen Louis look at anyone the way he looks at you. If he doesn't like you then Ed Sheeran doesn't have red hair."