XXXIII. Hidden Intentions

Start from the beginning

"Ciel, my prince. I was on my way to see if you were sleeping well."

"Can I sleep with Mom and Dad tonight?"

It was the privilege of the youngest to be able to hide in my parents' bed. I placed myself between Mom and Dad for the first time in a long time.

"What happened to our youngest today? He used to be so mature. He even said he wants to sleep with his mom and dad."

"I just missed you two a lot."

"Look at him. I told you, didn't I? Our Ciel is still young."

Even if it was visible that I was trying to act cute, my mom was happy. No matter how old I was, I would always be a cute child to my mother.

So much happened today that I wanted to act childish.

"How was your trip?"

"I enjoyed it. Let's all go together next time."

"Dad's mean. You wanted to go with Mom alone, I also wanted to go with her."

"My Ciel, did you finally let go of your sister?"

I pouted at my mother's teasing. Sister, you are always at the center of attention.

To protect Clara, the Crown Prince himself and our eldest brother team up for an operation. Although Heinz and his crew had already run away with all the seedlings, just in case, Alex decided to continue with the investigation and inquire about the owner of that mansion.

So I left the investigation to them, and I must prepare for the next process.

"You know, Mom, Dad. His Highness offered Clara the position of Imperial Pharmacist."

'If my sister becomes an Imperial Pharmacist, we can cover this up smoothly.'

"Really?"

"It's a good opportunity, but I'm worried that she'll have to enter the Palace alone."

Pulling the blanket, I tried to look as pitiful as I could. My sister's story is actually an appetizer, and the main plate was coming now.

I didn't know if it was going to work, but it should. I tried to gain their sympathy by looking pitiful, but I couldn't. Both Mom and Dad were fast to notice my hidden intentions.

"So our Ciel wants to go to the Palace with Clara?"

"Uhmm, I don't know. I would be sad if I'm not able to see Mom and Dad often."

"Is Clara not allowed to come and go? Ah, that isn't allowed to pharmacists."

Since it was a position responsible for the health of the Royal Family, it was an Imperial Law for doctors or pharmacists to remain within the Imperial Palace.

It was fine to bring your family in, but to be honest, I was the only one among us who could go with Clara.

"Why don't we just send Louis?

"He's been wandering around too much these days. I don't even know what he's doing. If he enters the Palace, he won't be able to keep doing so."

Our rascal wasn't of any help. I can't believe I fell on the trail of my brother[2], who's been disappearing a lot lately.

My parents were about to make up their minds to let Louis go to the Palace, leaving me completely out of the question. At this rate, there would be nothing I can do about it.

I had no other choice but to speak out.

"I want to go to the Palace with Clara."

Uuugh, I'm sorry. I didn't want to say it because I felt like I was driving a nail through my parents' hearts. They both looked down at me with a sweet expression as if they knew this would happen.