21| weak point

CHAPTER: 21
WEAK POINT

CHAPTER: 21WEAK POINT

I forced my juniors to remove every poster of Sapphira hanging in the school

I forced my juniors to remove every poster of Sapphira hanging in the school. They did it without any reason, knowing fully who was under the jury.

Last night, I touched my lips as I stared at myself in front of the mirror. I never thought of kissing her but when she didn't back out, I too stood on my ground to push back.

I blush at the sight of the expression I made. It was awe. I thought of requesting and to more of an extent, begging for her to not go, not to leave me even if everyone told me I was being selfish or a manipulator.

But then I don't want to become like her previous lover who left a dent in her heart that she fought harder. How can I say to her that I like her? Even the thought of being separated from her just clogs my lungs to not breathe any further.

A knock on my bedroom door snaps me out of my daydreaming. I dab my face dry and walk to open it and find my eomma standing with a blue-wrapped square box in her hand. I look down and then at her. She offers a wobbly smile and gives it to me. I take it from her and open it to find a key.

I furrow my brows into confusion. "What's the key for?"

She steps inside my room and looks around. Her fingers glide over the books, pen stand, rubix cube, and others. "Thought of giving you a gift."

I want to scoff but keep silent. I just stare at her. My father gave me Glen Moray whiskey which he thinks is the best one. Unfortunately, my friends loved it more than I did and gulped down the three bottles he gave me. They weren't present yesterday, all day they had business planning that they forgot to even share a second with me. Father had to give me through his assistant who came to complete his task.

And now this useless key, which I have no idea where the lock is neither I am in any detective genre mode to search for the lock. Eomma just wants to fulfill her duty like she did for the past twenty years. An accidental pregnancy led her to a miserable life and sometimes I have full belief they don't like to celebrate my birthday just because they find me not worthy. A reminder of their miserable story of connection due to a mistake.