𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 1

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, you won't have to share your meal with the Dark Lord, he has already left."

A gasp escaped my lips, surprised to hear someone talking to me. I didn't know I wasn't alone with the Elves. A blond boy my age was smiling shyly at me. His gray eyes were sparkling with amusement.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy."

I scratched the back of my head, smiling softly.

"It's fine. I'm Aelys Parkinson."

His eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Pansy's cousin ?"

I nodded and his smile grew bigger.

"She has told me all about you ! I go to Hogwarts with her, she's my bestfriend. So, what brings you here, little Lady ?"

"Oh, hm, my Father arranged a marriage with the Dark Lord's son and I, so, hm, I'm staying here until we have to leave for Hogwarts."

His smile faded in an instant and shock filled his features. He apologized and I shook my head, still smiling.

"It's okay. It is my duty to make my Father proud."

Sorrow filled his eyes and he nodded in understanding.

"Mine too. That's why I became a Death Eater during the summer. Are you... ?"

"Not yet. I'm not sure when, but I will get it."

He nodded before grabbing a plate and filling it with food.

"You can eat in your room if you are more comfortable. It's only Mattheo, you and I in the Manor, everyone else left."

I shrugged, grabbing a plate as well and serving myself some chicken and potatoes.

"I don't mind sharing my meal with you. Besides, I'm positive he hates me so..." I sighed.

He turned to me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why would you think that ?"

I explained to him what he told me earlier and he sighed before offering me a warm smile.

"My cousin is an idiot then. Don't worry about him. He should be delighted to have such a beautiful woman to marry him. He's a manwhore so I'm not surprised on his inability to love but he could at least treat you with more respect."

"I'll treat her as I please, Malfoy."

I jumped at the sound of his raspy voice. His brown eyes had darkened and he was death glaring at Draco. The blond rolled his eyes and huffed.

"You're an ass, Riddle. Do you think she asked to marry you ? She's only doing what both of your Fathers want. You could at least show her some respect. I mean, she's going to have to deal with your shitty personality so show her some empathy !"

He sat down at the table and he smiled at me, inviting me to join him. I smiled back and sat across from him. I took a bite of my food, only realizing now how hungry I was. Mattheo mumbled something under his breath before serving himself some food and sitting on the chair next to me. I was slightly taken aback and took a small glance at him but his gaze was focused on his plate, completely ignoring us. My eyes went back to Draco who shrugged.

"So are you excited to go to Hogwarts ?" He asked me, smiling softly. I nodded.

"I also can't wait to see Pansy again. It's been so long since I've last seen her. I really miss her." I smiled.

"She'll be thrilled to see you as well. Oh and I think the others are going to love you !"

Mattheo snorted, making me look at him. He was smirking devilishly, his head down toward his plate. His eyes went to Draco keeping his head down.