Chapter 64: Return to the Residence (Part 1,2 & 3)

Start from the beginning

Xiang Lan had followed Ren Wan Yun for so many years but had never been reprimanded by Ren Wan Yun before. She felt both wronged and afraid and agreed before running out quickly. As she ran out, she could not help but glance at Jennie.

Everything was undoubtedly planned ahead and the one who was supposed to be resting here was Jennie. How would there be such a coincidence? Shen Qing was not one who was easy to speak with, moreover she had a grudge with Jennie so she would not have agreed to exchange the room with her. This matter was odd. She looked at the plainly dressed young slim female. She looked pleasing to the eyes but one did not know why was there a murderous feeling oozing out of her body.

"Cai Ju, go and call a few people over and close the doors." Ren Wan Yun fumingly said with rage between gritted teeth.

When the doors were closed, the inside and outside of the doors were like two different worlds.

Shen Yue had yet to recover to her senses as she turned to Jennie and said unbelievably, "Fifth Younger Sister, is Eldest Sister insulted by some evildoer?"

Jennie did not express an opinion. Prince Yu indeed really intended to just play with the other and leave before dawn. He also understood that for the daughters in noble families, the most terrible thing was having their reputation destroyed by someone unknown. But it seemed that Prince Yu was also not a fool so he would eventually find clues to it. After all this substitution tactic was actually so simple that it was shocking.

She still held on with her words but did not know that when Shen Yue saw her look, Shen Yue's heart trembled and she quivered, "Fifth Younger Sister, it should not be you who harmed Eldest Sister...?"

It was undoubtedly Shen Qing who was resting in the Southern pavilion last night and Shen Jennie was resting at the Northern pavilion but somehow both of them changed their locations and this thing happened. If the rooms were not exchanged then the person who was laying here would be Jennie. And with Shen Yue's understanding of Shen Qing, she would never give the room up to Jennie.

Could it be that everything here was Jennie's doing? Shen Yue looked at Jennie like she was looking at an extremely scary thing.

But she only heard and saw Jennie smiling lightly, "Second Older Sister, rice can be eaten indiscriminately but words cannot be said indiscriminately. How would I have such an ability to harm Eldest Sister, you have thought too highly of me."

"But..." Shen Yue still had some suspicions in her heart but she did not know why she felt that there was something off about Jennie. And the matter last night would definitely be associated with Jennie.

"If you have the heart to worry about these thing, why not worry about yourself." Jennie said.

"Me?" Shen Yue started to tense up, "What about me?"

"Do you think that your two maids beside you will be able to live after seeing this private matter of Eldest Sister?"

"What?"

"It seems that Second Older Sister really did not know how sinister the world is." Jennie gently smiled, "Those servants who knew the masters' secrets, especially when the secret is a scandal, how long would you think they can live?"