Part 31

Gulf had been facing back and forth. For the first time, he felt anxious. He was usually calm, but today was different. It might be because Bright's rival was Witaya, and he couldn't take Witaya lightly since he was one of his father's childhood friends. They had grown up together, meaning their strength levels were similar.

"P..." Win called out softly, seeing Gulf looking so worried for the first time. It must be serious, and that made him scared.

"It's okay... I'm sure Bright will be fine," Gulf said, trying to comfort himself.

"It's the first time I've seen you nervous, P," Win commented.

Gulf sighed and sat next to Win. "Do I?" Gulf asked.

"Yes, but don't worry. I'll be here to protect you," Win smiled, attempting to comfort Gulf.

Gulf smiled back and ruffled Win's head. This boy was a scaredy-cat but sounded so confident at the moment.

Suddenly, gunshots sounded from upstairs. They must be inside the house. Both Win and Gulf held their breath. Just when the place became quiet, Gulf heard footsteps approaching their location. And it wasn't a familiar sound.

"Win, hide behind the cupboard. They're here," Gulf said, his mind filled with concern for Bright.

Did Bright get hurt?

Win quickly went to hide himself in the cupboard. The door was suddenly forced open, and Gulf was ready to fight. Four people entered, smirking. They had found what they were looking for.

Each of them attacked Gulf, but he evaded each attack as usual and countered their moves. The men were no joke; they were skilled and seemed able to predict Gulf's actions. Perhaps, Witaya had trained them personally.

However, with each attack, Gulf improved and devised strategies to defeat them. The last person attempted to attack him with a chair, but Gulf evaded it and immobilized the man instead. Gulf was catching his breath when he heard the sound of heels.

"As expected from Boss's partner," a voice said, and Gulf looked up.

"You..." Gulf clenched his fist, seeing Ashley smirking.

"Hello to you too," Ashley smiled, then pointed a gun at Gulf.

"What do you want?" Gulf asked, still maintaining his calm demeanor. From the way Ashley was handling the gun, it was evident she had never used one before.

"I want you to die! If you're gone, Boss will notice me and fall for me," Ashley said, getting closer.

"Haven't you realized? How can he fall for you after I die if he never falls for you before I came?" Gulf smirked.

"You!" Ashley pressed the trigger, but the gun won't shoot.

"What the hell!" Ashley exclaimed.

Gulf smirked and threw an uncapped pen he had been holding the whole time Ashley was speaking. The pen hit Ashley's arm, piercing it due to Gulf's fast throw.

"Argh!" Ashley yelled, and the gun slipped from her hand.

Gulf moved forward, kicked the gun away, and grabbed Ashley's hand.

"A gun is not the only thing that can be used as a weapon," Gulf said, smirking.

Ashley's eyes widened, then she tried to slap Gulf, but he caught her other hand too.

"Do you think you can be Bright's wife by being this weak?" Gulf said, gripping her hand tightly. Ashley winced in pain.

"I told you before, if I saw you once again, you'd lose your arm," Gulf proclaimed before twisting Ashley's arm hard, breaking it. Ashley's screams echoed throughout the room.

Then, Gulf pushed Ashley, causing her to fall to the ground, still yelling in pain. Gulf was annoyed by her screams, so he slapped her hard, causing her to fall unconscious.

"Hurts my ears," Gulf said, stretching his neck.

"P..." Win called out, wanting to come out of hiding. However, Gulf shushed him and asked him to stay hidden.

Gulf heard more footsteps, but this time he felt even more anxious. What was happening outside?

"Boss! Over here!" a voice came from the door, and Gulf turned around. He was ready to fight, but he wasn't prepared for who he saw.

"Well, we've finally met," the person smirked.

Gulf saw the man's face and he will always remember the man's face. The one that made his mother die.

"Witaya," Gulf said, clenching his fist. If Witaya was here, what had happened to Bright?

"Hello, dear. It's so nice to meet you again after all these years. Sorry to hear about your father's death. He was such a good friend," Witaya said with a small smile.

"What do you want?" Gulf said, his mind still preoccupied with thoughts of Bright.

"Straight to the point, I see... Fine, I want the town. Give it to me," Witaya said, his smile disappearing.

"If I don't?" Gulf said, raising an eyebrow.

"That means I have to kill you and then kill my nephew. So the town will be in my hands automatically," Witaya smiled.

Nephew? Bright? Did that mean he was still alive?

"You won't get it for free," Gulf said, smirking. He hoped Bright would arrive soon.

"Of course. Such a shame we only met for a short time," Witaya pulled out a gun. Gulf gulped.

Just when Witaya was about to pull the trigger, a voice yelled out.

"Witaya, you bastard!!"

Gulf recognized the voice and felt relief knowing Bright was still okay. He heard footsteps running toward the room.

"Well, I guess we should end this early," Witaya said, pressing the trigger. Gulf was ready for an impact before he was pulled into a hug.

"P, No!!" Win quickly pulled Gulf to the side and hugged him.

"Win!" Gulf's eyes widened. Before he could react, he felt an impact.

"Witaya!" Bright burst into the room, furious upon hearing the gunshots.

"My cue to go," Witaya said, running towards the door, but Bright was there. However, Witaya's men were fighting Bright, creating an opening for Witaya to slip away.

Bright fought and killed all the men and wanted to chase Witaya, but he heard Gulf's voice.

"Win!" Gulf released the hug and saw blood coming from Win's chest.

"Win!" Gulf yelled, tears falling.

"P... It hurt," Win said slowly.

"Hang in there, Win. We're going to the hospital," Gulf said, tears in his eyes. He was trembling.

Bright saw it, and then he quickly carried Win in a bridal style before heading to the car.

On the way to the hospital, Gulf couldn't stop his tears from falling.

"Win... why did you do that?" Gulf asked, crying.

"I told you... I'll protect you, P," Win showed a small smile.

Gulf then cried harder, holding Win's hands.

"P... Thank you for everything," Win said slowly.

"I won't accept the thanks. Thank me after you're fine," Gulf said, shaking his head.

"Doctor!" Gulf yelled desperately.

They placed Win on a bed and pushed him to the operating room. Gulf paced back and forth, holding onto hope while waiting for Win. Bright stayed there with Gulf. He wanted to chase Witaya, but he needed to be there with Gulf. Then, the doctor came out after two hours.

"Doctor... How is he?" Gulf said, his voice wavering.

"I'm sorry... We did our best, but he didn't survive,"

TBC