Chapter Claudia

Beginne am Anfang

Me having a breakdown.

Dad dying in battle after his time was up.

Soren being willing to kill dad.

Me having to do everything to revive him.

It all came rushing back.

"I'm disappointed in you Claudia..."

That line hit me.

It was what Soren said to me the day I was locked up.

I was shocked. Not because he said that. But because when he did, reality finally slapped me in the face.

I wasn't angry. He had every right to be.

The images I didn't want to see rushed back.

My lungs seemed thirsty for air and my body seemed paralyzed.

I didn't know what to do.

I wanted to get out of this. I wanted to regain control. I wanted to leave this void of horrible memories.

"CLAUDIA!" A voice called out. I was transported out of the void I was just in and was sent back to reality.

I took big gulps of air before looking around.

I was still in my cell.

And Soren was here...

He was crouched in front of me, hands tightly gripping my shoulders. A worried look was plastered on his face.

I looked away, knowing that look was something I didn't deserve.

"Claudia, look at me." He commanded. I didn't want to but I did anyway.

"Are you okay?" His voice was firm, as if he was trying to keep my attention on him.

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't find my voice.

So I nodded and turned my head away.

I heard a sigh that almost sounded like a sigh of relief. I pushed that out of my head knowing it wasn't true.

"Claudia, what was that?" He asked me in a low soothing voice as he took back his hands.

I shrugged, not trusting my voice.

"I'll go talk to Ezran about this later."

He grabbed a cup from beside him and handed it to me.

"Drink some water."

I gulped it down, not realizing how thristy I was until now. I handed the cup back to him and he out it down on the floor.

He lifted up a tray of food and put it on my lap.

"Eat. I'll be right back." He got up from the floor, cup in his hand as he walked out of the prison.

I looked down at the food, slightly smiling.

I wasn't alone.

I had Soren.

While he may be mad at me, he somehow still cares.
<><><><><><>

Timeline: week after Callum left

It had been a week since that incident.

Soren, as promised talked to Ezran about my current condition and requested to put me in a nicer cell.

Ezran was of course nice enough to accept that request. He even made sure a doctor would come once a week to check up on me.

Some doctor also comes for a therapy session. It helped me a lot. I thanked Ezran every time he came to visit and he took it.

I thanked Soren as well.

After all he was the person who kept me from going insane. He visits everyday usually but sometimes he can't come because of work.

I understood of course.

He talks to me for hours and doesn't treat me any differently than he did before king Harrow died.

I was grateful.

So grateful.

How in the world did I manage to be this lucky?

"Hey Clauds." Soren greeted as he closed the cell door and sat in a chair he placed inside.

"Hey Soren." I smiled warmly at him.

"So how was your therapy yesterday?" He asked, getting comfortable.

"It was good. The doctor said I should meditate at least once a day to sort out my inner turmoil much faster."

"You should do it then."

"I will. Thank you Soren. For everything. I don't know why you treat me so well after everything I did." I thanked for the thousandth time.

"No need Clauds. I understand why you did what you did."

"Once my sentence ends, I will do everything I can to make it up to you. Promise."

He chuckled, a huge mischievous grin on his face.

"Then you better start practicing your bows." He joked, letting out a hearty laugh.

I laughed along with him, silently thanking him again.
______________

There you have it! Claudia's part. I tried to focus more on her emotions here. I kinda imagined Claudia being a traumatized teenager. I mean after seeing her dad dead, it kinda makes sense. Not sure if I made this too angsty. But I think I did good on this one. Apologies for making Claudia a teen with trauma who needs therapy but that's how I imagined her character to be after the show. It makes sense right? Anyways, this is the last chapter of the separate series. In a few days, I will publish the epilogue. If you have any ideas for it, comment it and I'll see if I can fit it in. See ya!✌️