Leap 11: The Beginning of the End

While Takemichi recruits Senju Kawaragi, the other members are on standby. Chiaki decides to take this opportunity to revisit the hospital with two bouquets in tow—one for Izana, and another for Emma. 

'I didn't think one simple change could create such a big butterfly effect.' Chiaki thinks deeply. Once she reaches the hospital she bumps into someone. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." She sees the person is Draken. "Hey, you visiting Emma?"

Draken questions, "How did you- never mind, I forgot." Right after the girl visited the hospital, she had to admit her abilities to the tattooed man. 

She smiles, "I'm going there too. I want to introduce myself and catch her up to speed on the events happening. Maybe things will get so bad she'll wake up and slap some sense into her brother." She chuckles half-heartedly.

Draken looks down, "What about the other set of flowers?"

Chiaki looks down, "For Izana. I overheard them both were in comas for two years so when I got admitted, I went to see him."

The male smiles, "I see." Draken is glad that a sweet girl is willing to spend time with people she doesn't know personally. 

"Emma would be glad to have a new female friend when she wakes up."

-----------

A few days later Chiaki heads to Brahman's old base. 

"I figured you would be here." She claims as an older man turns towards her voice.

He frowns in confusion, "Who are you?"

The girl giggles, "Isn't it kind of rude not to know the person you've tried to recruit in the past?"

The girl's question confuses Akashi Takeomi even more. 

"Well, that's not important. I want to recruit you for the second-gen of Tokyo Manji."

The man laughs half-heartedly, "What makes you think I want to join?"

The girl smiles, "Because Wakasa and Benkei have already joined Mikey's side. Shouldn't we even the playing field?"

The man frowns, "How would you know that? Why would they?"

The girl looks down bitterly, "Haven't you heard of time leaping?"

Takeomi bellows out in laughter, "That's just science fiction! There's no way it's true."

The girl stares the man down, "You can laugh all you want but we both know it's true. Shinichiro's death, Mikey's impulsivity, Takemichi's goals, and my life. Everything steams from Shinichiro's time leaping abilities and we both know that."

Takeomi sobers up in seriousness, "Who are you really and what do you want?"

----------

August 31st at Musashi Shrine

The New Tokyo Manji Gang

Chiaki looks around at the turnout and smiles proudly, 'Now this is a gang.'

"I'm excited." Souya Kawata: 2nd Generation Tokyo Manji gang 4th Division vice-captain

"Hehe. It's been two years since the last meeting." Nahoya Kawata

"I've gathered 50 ex-members from the old Toman too!" Haruki Hayashida: 2nd generation Tokyo Manji Gang 3rd Division Captain

"As always, this uniform feels the most comfortable." Ryouhei Hayashi: 2nd Generation Tokyo Manji Gang 3rd Divison Vice-Captain