Leap 6: Remember The Past

Chiaki stops talking, letting the two men process all this information.

Chifuyu's eyes widen in shock. His sister is a time leaper as well?

"Does that mean you can time leap?" Chifuyu spews out slowly.

Chiaki shakes her head, "That wouldn't be the correct term. Besides, I have been lying to you the whole time."

Chifuyu looks at the girl in confusion, "Lying."

The girl lowers her head and smiles bitterly, "Let me tell you a story. There was once a very sickly girl. She was always in the hospital and if she wasn't, she was resting at home. How pitiful, the girl was, but she was always happy since she has her beloved parents and brother with her."

Chifuyu looks at the girl in familiarity, remembering the worst day of his life. "What are you-."

The girl looks at her brother lovingly yet sadly, "One day, she got Pneumonia and fell into a deep sleep. That was the day she died."

The male twin opens his eyes, "But your a-"

"Alive?" Chiaki cuts him off, "I'm alive but she isn't."

Chifuyu could barely muster up his voice, "W-what?"

"I am currently occupying the body of Chiaki Matsuoka. I died only to be reincarnated into the body of a character in a manga I read in my previous life." She laughs bitterly, "I never had the chance to mourn my death."

Chifuyu cries knowing that the sister he loved so dearly is dead and has been dead for years now.  "She's dead?"

Chiaki nods, "I'm sorry this happened but know that everything that I did was because I love you guys like my new family. No, I have never considered you as a stranger. You guys are my family."

Chiaki lowers her head in sadness. She did not want to be the bearer of bad news so she got up and started walking back to her room. However, before she could walk out the door, someone grabs her sleeve. She turns to look at the person who grabs her.

Chifuyu with tears lining his eyes smiles warmly, "Thank you for staying and being her. Please live well in her body."

Chiaki's eyes tear up and she falls to the ground. She starts crying and attempts to wipe her tears. However, they could not stop and Chifuyu embraces his sister. Baji stands in the back with a soft smile.

'I guess everything is fine now.'

------------

After the twin's crying session, the three students went back on topic.

"What do you mean Draken will die?" Chifuyu questions. Chiaki scrunches up her nose.

"The darn author decides to kill off Draken right after we saved him during the Moebius arc. That is so messed up! He kept him from dying only to let him die again!" The two men are shocked at the girl venting.

'Scary!' Both men had that running through their minds.

Baji is scared to ask the girl another question but musters up the courage to do so anyway, "What is going to happen?"

Chiaki takes a deep breath and looks at the two sternly, "As you know, Takemichi shook hands with Mikey which means he cannot go back to the future as often anymore." The boys nod in understanding, "However, Takemichi will have visions of the future to help guide him. Kawaraji Senju and Michi go to an amusement park where one of South's men ambushes them with a gun. The original timeline has Senju protecting Takemichi and dying. The timeline becomes different since Draken inserts himself into the situation. He protects them both by taking the bullets instead. He dies on the scene knowing he will reunite with Emma."

Baji and Chifuyu's hearts sink knowing their friend's fate. Then Baji scrunches his face in confusion, "What do you mean reunite with Emma? You sayin' she dies before Draken?"

Chiaki frows her eyebrows as she is now the one confused, "Hasn't she been dead for two years now? Kisaki killed her during your war with Tenjiku."

Boy men shake their heads no at the girl. Baji answers, "Kisaki did hit her in the head but she is not dead. She has been in a coma for two years."

Chiaki has tears pooling in her eyes from that revelation, "She's alive?" she croaks out and then forms a smile, "Thank god! Draken would have been sad about her death. She would have died with a smile as Mikey carried her on his back."

Chiaki sighs in relief, "I feel a little bit better about changing the timeline."

Chifuyu ponders asking his question but Chiaki smiles warmly at him, "Just ask the question."

Chifuyu takes a deep breath, "What else changed?"

Chiaki looks down in sadness, "During Valhalla, if I did not get stabbed, Kazutora would have pierced Baji with a knife." The two men look shocked at the girl's words as she continues, "To avoid Kazutora from increasing his body count..." She looks at Baji seriously, "You took the knife from your pocket and stabbed yourself. It was your way of dying on your own terms."

The room is filled with dead silence before she fills them in on the original timeline events, "During the fight with the Black Dragons nobody dies. Taiju loses to Mikey on Christmas Eve. Currently, the roughest arc in the manga would be the war with Tenjiku. The people who died during the Kanto Incident in order are Sano Emma, Kurokawa Izana, and Kisaki Tetta."

The girl sighs from the stress and guilt of changing the timeline, "This is all my fault. It's because I stepped in during Bloody Halloween."

Baji furrows his brow, "Don't say that! Without you, I wouldn't be alive right now! Emma may be in a coma, but she is still living." Baji grabs her hands in comfort, "Without you, none of us had the chance for a happy ending." Chiaki sniffles from the heartwarming atmosphere.

"Thank you."

-----------

Baji thinks everything over, "So we need to stop Draken or anyone else from getting shot on that day."

Chiaki nods in agreement, "That is the first step we must complete."

Chifuyu brings it up, "We need to let Takemichi know about this!"

Chiaki shakes her head no, "NO! If I start working together with Takemichi, things may go haywire. The more people know my secret, the more chance of others finding it out. I worked alone and it was fine until now! Use me like a trump card!"

Chifuyu frowns at the girl, "You're fine? You could have been attacked just now! You got stabbed three years ago trying to save Baji!"

Chiaki pouts like a meek child, "Fine! Do what you want."

The boys sweatdrop at the girl's childish manner. Chifuyu sighs, "Fine! But if something big happens then I will tell him."

-----------

Later that night, everyone goes to sleep. The girl's breathing is slow and steady as she rests in her bed. Within her dreams, unfamiliar images pour into her head. The girl twitches in her sleep, and her breathing becomes irregular. Suddenly, the girl jumps from her slumber in a cold sweat and breathes heavily. She leans forward with her hand on her pounding head.

"Chapter 237 to 243." The girl mumbles, "Toman Generation 2... Geez! Takemichi got himself in a predicament." The girl tries to slow her breathing down as she ponders the new information.

"I wonder what's worst, Mikey's dark impulsivity or the fact Chifuyu came up with the gang name and made those ugly ass cat shirts for the gang."