The Choices We Make With The Dead

Depuis le début

From on the balcony, Izuku pulled back the binoculars as Saeko stood with the three.

Saeko: It's worse. It's getting much worse.

Izuku: And it'll only get worser from here.

Takashi: Dammit, I can't stand it.

He argues as he grips onto his gun and turns to walk out of the balcony back into the room, only to stop once his name was called.

Kohta: Komuro, what do you think you're doing? Once you shoot your gun, you'll just attract more attention.

Izuku: Kohta's right, though I understand what you mean Takashi. The thing is, we can't make a move right now. Especially with our current situation. And we can't be too sure who we allow to just come in and move with us. For all we know they can be crazy or else they'll try to rob us for what we got.

Saeko: Exactly, or did you forget 'They' react to every little sound.

She says to Takashi as she turns around and walks past them to the balcony door, much to Kohta's shock as he saw her open backside.

Kohta: Oh myyyyy!!!

He says as he falls back, blood shooting out from his nose due to seeing her bare skin. Izuku and Takashi follows her back into the house as she turns off the lights.

Saeko: And as for the living. They just swarm around like bugs looking for the light. Once they see the lights and our figures, they'll come running to us. However, as Izuku said, even with guns out to help especially with the limited supplies we have now. We don't have that much power to keep that many people alive. They're just going to have to survive like how we're doing.

Izuku: Though you may have misheard me.

He says walking to her as she looked to see a burning sense of determination in his eyes.

Izuku: If I know that I can save someone from dying outside then I'll do whatever it takes by any means necessary.

Saeko: Then you would be risking your life like a fool.

Izuku: A fool who knows that there are still innocent people out there who're scared and afraid of what lurks in the night. The creatures that threaten their very lives.

Saeko: And what about your own? What about us? You think they'll care for us if we save them? It'll just be them that they are worried about. Hoping that they can survive another night.

She says standing her ground as she looked up at Izuku as he looked down at her. An emerald, green gazing upon a succulent pearl blue in an intense stare down. Their unmatched reason were at a climax as they stared each other down.

Saeko: Izuku, I don't want you to feel as if I'm testing you. But I need you to know. Risking the safety of our lives just for someone who is feining for safety isn't a risk that I will take.

Izuku: It may not be a risk you're willing to take, but I will.

He told her, his voice filled with determination and so was his gaze. Seeing that he wasn't going to back down and that he was so willing to stick behind what he said, she sighed as she turned around to leave.

Izuku: I thought that out of the both of us, and from what I have seen on the bus. You'd be the only one to understand where I'm coming from.

He said as she stopped and looked over her shoulder.

Saeko: Don't get me wrong, Midoriya. I'm not being cruel, this is just the way how things are now. There's no time for being manly or keeping up with a chivalrous act. I'm not saying that I like it.