"Is the Dark Lord busy, Narcissa ?"

Her smile faded a little before coming back on her face.

"The meeting ended a few minutes ago. He is now waiting for you, Caius. You are right on time."

Father nodded and gestured for me to follow him. Narcissa gave me a light squeeze on my arm. I looked at her confused and she smiled sadly. I shrugged it off and followed Father toward a big double door. He knocked before entering, letting me join his side. We came to face a huge table and the Dark Lord sitting at the end of it, smirking.

"Ah, my dear, Caius. I see you have kept your words and brought your daughter with you today."

Father bowed slightly, answering him while I stayed silent.

"Yes, my Lord. Please let me introduce you to my sweet daughter, Aelys."

"Come here, my child."

I moved my feet without thinking and went next to the Lord, bowing too once I reached him. His smirk widened and he offered me his palm, asking for my hand. I placed my hand in his and he seemed to inspect me intently. His skin was cold, too cold for a human being.

"Tell me, my child, who's side are you on in this war ?"

I did not hesitate before responding.

"Yours, my Lord."

I felt a tingling sensation in my head and I understood quickly that he was reading my mind in order to know if I was telling the truth. I didn't worry because I knew I was. Like I said, if Father was on the Dark Lord's side, then so was I. He seemed satisfied with my answer and he hummed.

"Would you like to join me, like your Father, child ?"

"I would be honored to become one of your Death Eaters, my Lord."

I bowed again. I felt pride in being offered a place beside the Lord, knowing Father would be proud as well. Voldemort cackled before turning my hand in his palm up toward the ceiling.

"Oh, my poor innocent child, I was not referring to you becoming a Death Eater. Not yet, at least. You will get the Mark, yes, but when the time will be right."

He ran his nail across my palm, his gaze focused on his movement.

"To prove his loyalty, more, your Father made me an offer. Do you want to hear what he offered me, child ?"

"I do, my Lord."

His red eyes met mine and his smirk came back on his face, exposing his yellow teeth.

"Your Father offered your hand. You, my dear child, are to marry my son. You see, he is to take my place after my death and he needs to ensure our ruling will last. He needs an Heir. Which you will give him."

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and bowed.

"It will be my honor, my Lord."

He cackled, tightening his grip on my hand. I winced silently but he didn't seem to care.

"You are now going to live here, with us. You will join my son in Hogwarts this year and I will give you a task to fulfill. Once you'll have completed it, I will give you the Mark, my dear. You might be marrying my son but you still need to prove your own loyalty. Am I clear ?"

"Yes, my Lord."

I bowed. He let go of my hand and gestured toward the exit.

"You can leave now. Narcissa will bring you to your room. If I am not mistaken, your belongings have been brought here during our conversation."

I bowed again, thanked him and left the room, looking briefly at my Father. He avoided my eyes, looking intently at the table. He must have thought I was mad at him but I knew he did it for our family. If marrying the Dark Lord's son could prove our devotion to his cause and make my Father proud, then it was an honor to be given this opportunity. It was not the life I had dreamed about, but again, who was I to defy my Fathers choices ?

Narcissa was waiting for me outside of the room with a small smile on her plump lips. She gestured for me to follow her and we made our way to the stairs. We walked a while before stopping in front of a door. She opened it and I was mesmerized by the beauty of the bedroom before my eyes. The walls were painted in Dark Green and the floor was made of black tiles. A Queen size bed was located near the window, draped with black silk sheets. On the left wall were two doors, which I assumed led to a bathroom and a closet. To my right was a huge bookshelf filled with books of all sizes. I smiled brightly at the sight. I loved books, they were my escape.

"All your belongings have been brought here, my dear."

The sweet voice of Narcissa made me turn my head toward her. She was smiling but I could see the hint of sorrow in her eyes. She probably knew why I was moving into her home and was most likely feeling sorry for me. Father sold me to the Dark Lord, after all.

"I am sorry but the Dark Lord insisted that you and his son were to share a room, which is why you will be staying in his."

My eyes widened slightly. This room was my future husband's ? I had never shared a bed with anyone beside Pansy. Narcissa must have felt my anxiousness because she gave me a comforting hug.

"If you are too uncomfortable by staying with Mattheo, let me know and I will prepare another room. The Dark Lord will leave for business tonight and won't return for the rest of the week, he won't know."

I shook my head and squeezed her arms.

"It's okay, I must follow orders. Besides, we are to be wed, I must learn to know him. But thank you, I appreciate your kindness, Miss Malfoy."

"Oh call me Narcissa !"

I smiled shyly and nodded. She excused herself, explaining she had an appointment but she told me to do as I pleased and to feel free to feel at home. She also mentioned the House Elves, insisting that I could ask them whatever I wanted without hesitation. Again, I nodded and entered the bedroom, closing the door behind me. My feet went to the doors to the left and I was pleased to find I had been right. One was an enormous closet filled by men's clothes on one side and mine on the other, meanwhile the other was a bathroom composed of a double shower, a big bathtub and two sinks under a large mirror. Its size was practically as big as the bedroom itself. I saw that my hygiene products were already placed on the right sink. Guess it was my side then. His was neatly organized. He seemed to like order. I had no idea of what he looked like or how old he was. All I knew was his name since Narcissa mentioned it. Mattheo.

I went to the bookshelf and looked quickly at which books were here hoping to find a hint on how old my future husband was. My fingers ran on the spines, my eyes scanning quickly the titles when I was snapped back to reality by the sound of the door opening. I turned around and froze at the sight of the boy that had entered the room. He seemed to be my age, had curly brown hair, chocolate piercing eyes, tan skin and what looked like scars across his nose and right eye. He was wearing black pants with a white shirt and I could see his muscles underneath the fabric. He was fit and deadly attractive. He was glaring at me and I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"The fuck are you doing in my room ?"

'Shit', I thought, 'Doesn't he know who I am ? The Dark Lord didn't tell him ?'

"What the fuck did my Father didn't told me ?"

I blinked, taken aback. I was sure I had thought that in my own mind. Could he read minds ? He smirked but his eyes darkened. I gulped before answering, my eyes landing on the floor.

"I am sorry, this is the room that I was given by the Dark Lord. I am Aelys, your future wife."

I flinched at the sound of the door slamming against the wall. I leveled my gaze only to see he had left, probably to see his Father in order to know if I was telling the truth. I gulped again. I was relieved to know he was my age and really attractive, but I was terrified of how he was going to act toward me. He didn't seem happy at all to hear who I was. I just hoped he wouldn't treat me too badly.