three

"I'm going to die." Jia curses to herself as she got up from her seat. She's been studying in the library for the past two hours and her head felt like exploding.

She was now browsing through the Isles of books to find the textbook that she needed. Her eyes in the verge of shutting close from the all nighter that she did last night.
"Let's see, the librarian said that it should be located... ah here it is." Her eyes shot wide open when she finally found the textbook that she's been looking for.
Too bad for her that it was on the top shelf, so hate it or not, she had to literally reach for that book.

"Why did i have to get the short genes?!" Jia groans as she went on her tippy toes to get the book. She was still unable to get it. If she kept trying to get the book then she might as well have pulled a muscle in all of her toes.

Suddenly, she sees an arm taking the textbook that she's been trying to get. Jia getting alarmed as she thought that someone was going to steal the book from her before she could even use it.

"Hey, I found that book first-" twirling around to be met with Yangyang who towered over her.
"You were trying to reach for this." He says and hands the textbook over to her.
"Oh. Sorry, I assumed that you were another law student who wanted to get the same book as me." She apologises before taking the book from his hold.
"Nah, you'd never see me walking around holding a big ass textbook like that." He chuckles before he stepped back to give her some space.

"What are you doing in the library then?" She asks him as the two of them made their way back to the table that Jia was previously studying at. The girl sitting down in her seat as Yangyang took the seat besides her.
"To think and cool off. The library's always quiet and it became my go to destination when I have some stuff that I need to think about." He answers as he looks at her desk. Seeing the desk so messy and filled with various textbooks and stacks of paper.
"Your desk is scaring me right now." He tells her as it made her look at her messy environment.
"Same it scares me too, but i learnt to get used to it." She said before trying to clean her desk.

"What are you thinking about? You look like you've had a bad day." She continues to ask him as she organises her loose sheets of paper.
"The same goes to you. You look like you haven't slept at all last night." He replies before placing his chin in the palms of his hand, watching as she clears her stuff.
"Are you saying that I look bad?"
"No- that's not what I meant."

She grins mischievously as she tries to fix her messy ponytail.
"I was thinking about some stuff as well last night. I couldn't sleep because of all that thinking so i just decided to do an all nighters and study for my test that I did in the morning." Jia replies.

"I could use a rant buddy right now." Says Yangyang as she looks at him.
"Rant all you want. I've gone completely insane so I doubt that I'd be able to remember what you've said tomorrow." Jia giving him the green light to start ranting.
"I haven't told any of my friends yet, I think I'm a bit uncomfortable to tell them this. But I feel comfortable enough to tell you." He started off before taking a deep breathe.

"My parents wants me to get married because they don't think that I'm serious enough with what I'm doing. They even told me that they've found someone that was suitable enough to be my partner and wants me to go through with this arranged marriage."
"Wait, wait, wait. Arranged marriage? Who still does that,ew." Jia cuts him off as he took his hands out for a high five.
"See? I told my parents that, but they just brushed it off like it wasn't a big deal." He answers as she returns him the high-five.
"Sounds like a pretty big deal to me. So what are you going to do now?"

"That's the thing. I don't want to get married with someone that my parents chose, but if I don't follow in with what they want me to do, then I'm forced to take over my dad's business. And I don't want to take over his business as well." He sighs.
"It seems like there's a lot of things that you don't want to do." She says as he frowns at her.
"So, what are you planning to do now?"
"My mom told me that if i don't want to go through with this arranged marriage then I should at least find myself a girlfriend. I might have lied to them and said that I have a girlfriend when I actually don't." He says as his voice decreases at the end. She could just face palm herself.
"Oh you just screwed yourself up, I'm afraid."

"How about you? What got you staying up all night and thinking." It was his turn to ask her.
"My grandma's will came out and in order for them to hand over the inheritance, one of her first two granddaughters had to get married."
"Ok, does it have to do something with you?" He questions as she nods her head before laying down on the table. So tired.
"It's between me and my cousin, they're going to finalise it in the next three weeks. I really need the money to pay for my sisters hospital bills because I'm freaking broke right now. But I haven't even had the thought of ever marrying someone." She ends it there as the two of them then sat in silence.

They were silent to think about the other person's problem. Realising that their situation was kind of the same in some aspect.

The two of them then looked at each other in full eagerness as they thought of an idea.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking." Says Yangyang as the girl shrugs her shoulders.
"It depends." Her answer making him roll his eyes at her playfully.

"Jia, what if the both of us get married?" He suggested as her brows furrowed.
"Are you sure that you're not a mind reader?" She replies as he shakes his head.
"Listen, we don't have to you know develop feelings for each other. We're just doing this for our own benefit. You get the inheritance money and I can get my parents approval and possibly freedom. See it as two friends who signed a contract to live together." He explains as she looks at him a bit nervous.
"Are you sure that this is a good idea? After I get the inheritance then what?" She asks as he thought about it.
"You're free?" He says unsure.

She was a bit skeptical. She didn't want to just get married and spend the rest of her life with him, unsure of her feelings. What if they had an unhappy marriage, but then again she really needed the money right now.

"Fine. I'll go ahead with the plan, but!" She stated as the look of dread happens to show on his face.
"Oh no, why is there a but."

Jia really didn't know what she was getting herself into. She blames it all on school and the pressure that it's putting her through to be able to go through with this plan.

"But, if I'm unhappy with this 'marriage' I can get a divorce any time I want." She tells him. He was quiet for a second before agreeing to her terms.
"Ok, I can live with that. So, you're agreeing that we should get married." Yangyang taking his hands out for her as she gladly accepts it. The two of them sharing a very mutual agreement.
"Then starting now on, we'll pretend to fake date until we find a date for the big day."