‟ KNOCKED YOU DOWN „

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Oi, everyone listen up, yeah!"

Tate caught her bottom lip between her teeth anxiously, scuffing the toe of her boot as she stood beside Jamie in the locker room. The team paused at Jamie's shout, all turning towards where they stood, and Tate knotted her fingers on the hem of his kit.

"We've got something we need to tell you guys," She spoke once they had everyone's attention, trying so very hard to not think about how unnecessarily nervous she was to share their news. Zava was the only one missing from the locker room, and Tate figured Jamie probably preferred it that way.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" Isaac asked, his brows knitted to show he was being totally serious.

"The fuck does everyone keep thinking I'm pregnant for?" Tate asked, momentarily distracted from the task at hand. Zoreaux shrugged at the same time Jan Maas opened his mouth to make a comment she was certain would probably bring a flush to her face, and she hurried to talk over him. "No, I'm not pregnant."

"You're not dying, are you, boyo?" Colin asked her, sounding genuinely concerned, and not even Tate was able to distract the team from launching into a discussion about who knew the best doctors for her or what alternative medicine recommendations would cure her.

"Guys!" Tate tried to shout over the chaos, but none of them were listening, all far too worried about her nonexistent illness. She turned to face Jamie, amused by the endearing look of confusion that twisted his features. "Jamie, can you—"

He was whistling before she could finish her request, the piercing sound interrupting the arguments about a totally made-up situation.

"Oi, can you all listen? I'm tryin' to tell ya Tate's me girlfriend!"

There was a pause of silence, three seconds long, before the entire team broke out into the loudest cheers of their lives. Bigger than when they aced their goodbye dance to Dr. Fieldstone, bigger than when they had gotten promoted. The boys had circled her and Jamie instantly, jumping and shouting, and Isaac lifted Tate over his shoulder while Dani jumped on Jamie's back.

The best part was Jamie's reaction—absolutely ecstatic at finally being able to share the news with his team, his brothers, cheering just as loud as them.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sam shouted over the cheering after what felt like several minutes of the boys' hyped reactions. Isaac didn't set Tate down, but he did pausing his jumping, as did the rest of the team. "How long have you guys been dating, because I may or may not have some money going on the timeline."

"Since I got back from New York." Tate rolled her eyes playfully, pinching Isaac's shoulder so he finally set her back onto her feet. "Made it official in Dani's bathroom. And then again in the kit room, 'cause Jamie didn't think I was being serious."

"I didn't think she'd actually go for me!" Jamie protested with a grin, laughing as some of the boys shoved at his shoulders teasingly.

"Well, I think I speak for the entire team when I say that we are very happy for you both." Sam grinned, and Tate launched herself at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek swiftly.

"Thank you, Sammy."

"And Richard, I prefer cash." Sam turned towards the Frenchman, who rolled his eyes teasingly as he slipped his wallet from his pocket to pay up whatever he had agreed to bet.

"You guys are morons," Tate grinned, happier than ever as Jamie's hand found home on the small of her back. 

Her morons.

pinky promise - jamie tarttजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें