‟ SOMETHING INCREDIBLE „

[content warning: canonical mention of panic attacks]

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

Wembley Stadium.

It was massive.

Tate's jaw was dropped in shock as she stepped onto the pitch, her arm wrapped around Colin's and the rest of the team surrounding them.

"Gentlemen. Focus up."

Tate cleared her throat, sending a pointed look to Ted.

"And Tater Tot. Sorry, little lady."

She nodded in approval, accepting his apology with a grin as she continued to ogle the size of the stadium.

"Alright, I want you to close your eyes. Look around you." At Ted's confusing directions, Tate knitted her brows in confusion, her stare meeting Sam's. He shrugged while mouthing 'I don't know', and Tate felt a grin start to form on her lips. "You know what I mean; open them up and take it all in. But remember, this right behind me, just a regular old football pitch."

She caught her bottom lip between her teeth, because it wasn't a regular pitch. It was Wembley Stadium.

"You take away the stadium and all the stands, I think you'll find it's the same size as our pitch back home on Nelson Road."

"Not exactly," Beard corrected before anyone else had the chance to.

"What's that?"

"It's five hundred square yards bigger," Nate elaborated, dressed neatly in a game day suit.

"Really? The pitches aren't the same size?"

"No," The annoyance was barely concealed in Roy's voice. "This is the biggest pitch in the country."

"Huge advantage for City." Beard added.

"Boy, oh, boy. This sport has the loosiest-goosiest rules of all. Tough to get my head around sometimes." At Ted's very Ted Lasso complaint, Tate shot a look to Jamie, sharing a brief amused grin before turning back to the head coach. "Okay. All right. You know what? It's bigger. And, uh, look, I know y'all grew up watching games on this field, so you're probably a little nervous. Shoot, I know I got goose bumps. I remember being a little kid, sitting in front of the television and watching Queen perform right over there during Live Aid."

Tate winced, knowing what was coming.

"No, you didn't."

"That was old Wembley."

"That field was even bigger."

"It doesn't matter," Ted was quick to dismiss. "Point is, guys and gal, we're here now, okay? At this Wembley. The one that Freddie Mercury never stepped foot in. And this is our day to make history. And I believe we're going to do just that. Go ahead and take one more glance, then head back in. 'Cause we got work to do."

Tate grinned, always grateful to be present for a Ted Lasso speech.

She slipped from Colin's side, squeezing the arms of players encouragingly as she passed by, until she was by Jamie. Shoving her hands deep into her pockets, she kept from reaching out, but something settled within her at just being near.

She studied his profile as he examined Wembley Stadium, where they would play Man City that evening. She knew it was more than just a match to him. To his father.

So when he shouted, she couldn't help but grin at the declaration of what mattered most to him.

"Richmond!"