‟ PART OF THE TEAM „

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Good morning, Wonder Kid,"

"I didn't actually say that,"

Tate brushed off Nate's snapped response, grinning as she pressed a kiss to Ted's temple and made herself at home in the coach's office.

"What brings you in here, so bright and early, Tater Tot?" Ted smiled, elbows propped on his desk. "Not that we don't love having ya here. Heck, I even asked the boss last week about whether or not we could keep you down here permanently."

"Appreciate the love, as always," Tate teased, pressing a hand over her heart. "But I'm waiting for Colin. We've been trying to schedule a lunch date for weeks, but I keep canceling 'cause he wants to drive me to a restaurant. I just ordered the food here for today."

"Smart move," Beard nodded, feet propped up on the desk. "He is not a safe driver."

"But hey, if I needed to get somewhere fast, I know who'd I call." Ted defended, and Tate shrugged one shoulder in half-agreement. She was saved from having to respond as a new figure entered the office, his attention narrowed on Tate.

"What're you doing for lunch, babe?" Jamie asked, oblivious to the looks Ted, Beard, and Nate shared. All Tate could hope was that they didn't bring it up in their next Diamond Dogs meeting. She had accidentally walked in on one meeting concerning Beard's and Jane's relationship—without Beard present—and decided she was far from willing to be the group's next subject.

"I've got plans," She told Jamie, arms crossed over her chest. He pouted at her answer, and she snickered, reaching out a hand to pinch his cheek. "We can get dinner, if you'd like. I'll even let you pay for me."

"How thoughtful. Pick you up at seven?" Jamie pressed a hand over his heart mockingly, an imitation of what she had done only moments before he entered the room. She grinned at the realization; she was certain she and Jamie had far more in common than she had originally thought, and the more time they spent in each other's company, the more of the other's mannerisms they picked up.

Tate had even caught herself poking her tongue out to playfully taunt Richard when she had managed to beat him in a riotous game of tic-tac-toe the previous week.

"Eight. I promised Isaac I'd help him pick out a new pair of trainers, and he told me give him a four hour window to do so." She replied, pushing herself off of the shelf she leaned against when she spotted Colin lingering by the office door. There was a slight frown on his face, something she wouldn't have picked up if she hadn't been so focused on ignoring the too-satisfied school girl looks Ted, Beard, and Nate were sharing as they watched her and Jamie.

"I'll make a reservation somewhere and let you know about dress code." Jamie nodded, clarifying the routine they went through every time they went out to eat together. She didn't bother asking where he would make the reservation—he wouldn't tell her, and had made it his mission to take her to every out-of-budget restaurant in London.

She smiled brightly at the coaches in way of parting, and as she passed by Jamie she squeezed his arm, unable to keep her hands to herself.

"Ready?" She asked Colin as she stepped out the office, pretending as if she couldn't hear the childish cheering from Ted in the office she had just left.

Or Jamie's reply of 'she's got a boyfriend' in a voice that was a little too tight for casual.

"I was thinking—" Colin began, holding up his car keys, and Tate knew exactly what he was going to suggest. Before he could finish his thought, though, she swiped the keys from his hand and stuffed them in her pocket, still firm in her decision to never let him drive her anywhere.