xiii. birds of a feather

TO BE LOVED :: xiii, birds of a feather

TO BE LOVED
:: xiii, birds of a feather

It had only been three days since Thomas found out about jj's news. He was a bit surprised but happy for her at the same time. He wasn't going to make much of a deal of it but, deep down he was kind of upset even though he had a relationship with Emily.

So just to suppress those feelings, he curled up in his bed with his laptop and turned on Netflix. He at least thought he would watch his comfort show to help him fall asleep and make him feel better. That show was none other than Gilmore Girls. He'd never admit it, but that's his favorite show. His favorite character is sookie. He would describe her as funny, smart, and hell if he had a bite of her food, then amazing cook.

Just as he was sinking into another rewatch, there was banging at his door. He paused the episode and hopped off the bed. He opened the door to his bedroom and walked out, heading to the front door. As soon as that door opened, he came face to face with someone who he thought he would never see again.

"Chrissy?"

"Hi, Tommy." She smiled.

She was sure a blast from the past, a past consisting of over a decade ago. He couldn't believe she was standing in front of him at his apartment after all this time. It wasn't that long ago she was brought up in a conversation with his brother who was currently out doing whatnot.

Thomas stepped aside, letting her in as he tried to find the right words.

"I-l'm just shocked that's all." He closed the front door, "I haven't seen you since high school and this is just blowing my mind."

She nodded, "It's been that long? Wow."

"Not to sound rude, but what are you doing here?"