ii. trial two

TO BE LOVED :: ii, trial two

TO BE LOVED
:: ii, trial two

It was a bright and early Saturday morning, 5:30am to be exact. Thomas stared at his shirtless body in the mirror. He flexed in the mirror, seeing when he should go back to the gym. As he examines his body, his phone starts ringing in the next room. He had fell asleep on the couch the night before, he was busy watching the office. He quickly jogged to the living room of his apartment and picked up his phone off the couch. He pressed the green button and then held the phone to his ear.

"Did you get it? Did you get it?" His brother sounded too excited on the other line.

"Thanks for the enthusiasm but no, I don't know yet." Thomas spoke as if he just woke up, so calm. "Anyway, how are you?"

"I'm clean, been that way for months— if that's what you're worried about. I'm doing good, trust me." Dean reassured his worried brother.

There was silence for a couple seconds. It wasn't awkward, it was peaceful. They have been drifting apart lately but that's only because they haven't seen either in a while. As the silence grew, there was knock at Thomas' door. He told his brother he would call him later then tossed his phone back on the couch. He walked over to the door and opened it, there stood David Rossi.

"Why aren't you dress yet? It's 5:30." David unknowingly reminded him.

"Yes. I know. Is that why you're here?" Thomas question, leaving rossi at the door.

Rossi walked in closing the door behind him, "I'm just making sure you get to work on time. Can't afford you to be late on your second day."

Thomas gave him a quick glance with a chuckle before heading back to his bedroom to continue to get ready for work.