chapter 16: True Defense

Magsimula sa umpisa

" HAAHAAHAAA!! "

Suddenly a hand emerged from the smoke and swiped it away , revealing Orion to be standing tall with not a single scratch nor speck of dust on him.

The pirate cracked his neck.
" You got enough power , Zarya? " Orion asked.

" Of course " she answered , her weapon whirring loudly as it began to create a pink barrier around her.

Nina took one last look over the soldiers before beginning the battle. Her signal giving 2,000 Marines a one way ticket to fighting the One and Only  , Orion.

As they swarmed towards him , he took one look before raising his Naginata and beginning to fight.
Swinging his weapon twice , cleaving a whole Arc of marines Infront/under him , before spinning it in the air above him and slamming it down on the ground.
This caused the ground to shake and sent many Marines flying away due to the impact while those who were hit by it were ultimately killed.

This didn't cause the Marines to waver , instead charging more while actively trying to harm the towering man.

Behind him , a flash of light zipped across the battlefield. And at the end of it stood Zayn sheathing his katana , wearing his armor as usual with the helmet on. As he did , the lines became covered in the blood of the Marines he cut.

The swordsman then snapped his heads towards the battleships , jumping out of the way of a cannonball which blew up the place he was previously on.
He , was about to head for it when a line of energy fired at it, destroying the ship and surprising the Marines.

The cause of it? Zarya of course. The woman who now marched forward while firing more energy projectiles from her particle cannon at the Marines.

Now that he knew she would take care of that , Zayn unsheathed his katana and dragged his fingers along it's blade while staring at the marines who circled round him.

" Should've just fled when you had the chance " Zayn said.

" Spirit Roundslash "

He exclaimed as he dashed forward , slicing in a circle , and cutting a whole circle in the formation of the Marines around him.

Before sheathing his weapon , he grabbed a marine by the face and tossed him at another group , he then sliced the air Infront of him sending three electric claw projectiles at them.

" Thunder slash — 3 claws "

He exclaimed as the attack colliding with them , shocking them and still cutting through their ranks.

Sheathing his blade he looked at the ones who continued to approach him.
Sighing he gripped the hilt of his katana and glared at them.
" Can't y'all take a hint? "

Back with the Marines , Nina smirked. Pleased with how the fight was going accordingly to her plan.

Little did she know that a little dent was about to form when the giant Admiral had had enough of watching Orion swat and squash the soldiers on his side.

The giant cracked his huge fist, imbuing them with haki before stomping towards Orion.

Having noticed the taller man approaching , Orion looked up and smirked , sticking his Naginata into the battlefield and advancing as well.

Zarya , who had just ordered a volley of fire at the Marine's by her men , took note of Orion's surroundings. She saw that multiple marines had gathered holding their rifles aiming them at the pirate.