Green Eyed Na'vi

Enyu was late. She was never late. This was new and Neteyam didn't like it one bit.

Is this how she always felt whenever he went on a mission? Eywa, it sucked.

"Maybe she forgot?" Neteyam, for the third time, asked his grandmother and sister who were seated at table, fiddling with medicinal ingredients.

"Who forgot what?" asked Lo'ak, walking into the Tsahìk's tent with a bowl in his hand, Spider on his tail. "Grandmother, mom sent these for you," he said, giving the bowl to Mo'at, who murmured her thanks.

"Enyu," Kiri answered him. "She said she'd be sitting in on my training this afternoon but she never showed up, and of course, our dear older brother here is having an aneurysm," she finished sarcastically.

"I'm not.... but we did agree that I'd meet her here an hour ago and she's still not here so..." Tail swishing impatiently and knee bobbing up and down, Neyetam stared at the tent's entrance so intensely, it was as if he was mentally trying to summon the girl to instantly appear.

Mo'at raised an amused brow at her grandson before returning to her task.

Lo'ak and Spider glanced at each other uncomfortably and exchanged a somewhat, non verbal disagreement which went immediately noticed by Neteyam. "What is it?"

"Well-"

"Umm-"

"You see-"

"The thing is-" They both stammered pathetically.

Kiri scoffed exasperatedly. "Sentences, boys. Sentences!"

"We just saw Enyu... in the Ëldën Forest," Lo'ak finally got out.

"The Ëldën Forest? What? No way, it's past harvest time. All the groups would have been back by now."

Lo'ak and Spider shared that same uncomfortable expression again before the latter finally fessed up. "Well- that's just it... She wasn't- she wasn't with... her group..." Spider said, spluttering over his words, his tail jerking nervously.

"You mean she's out there... ALONE? And you two shitheads left her there?" Neteyam had already gotten to his feet and was halfway across the tent, heading for the exit.

The two men stepped back at the sight of his fury and Lo'ak raised his hands in surrender, trying to calm his brother. "Woah! Bro! Calm down, alright? Look, she wasn't...alone alone..."

"For Eywa sake would you two skxawngs stop yammering for a second and just tell it to us straight. Is she okay?" Kiri asked, getting to her own feet in worry.

"She's fine! Geesh! We... we just saw her in the forest with Yaćksön, is all," Lo'ak finally admitted, tensing for his brother's reaction. Usually he and Spider could give two shits about Neteyam's big brother, golden boy, next in line tendencies, but when it came to Enyu, they all knew it was better to be far from the beast he could become.

The tent grew uncomfortably quiet for a long suffering minute. The sounds of ikrans screeching in their enclosures rang through the air as well as the clinking and tinkering of Mo'at still fiddling with her ingredients.

Everyone stared at Neteyam who frowned as if he hadn't heard right. "Yaćksön..." he repeated blankly. "From my patrol team?" Spider and Lo'ak nodded. "Why?" he asked them but they both muttered I don't knows. "Well, what were they doing?" he asked, eerily calm, his ears being the only tell that he was upset, even his tail had gone rigid.

The boys shifted under his interrogation, subtly trying to step back. "Talking, I guess? We didn't exactly stick around," Spider said, glancing at Kiri as if asking her to come help.