The Nap

"Go flying with me tonight," bossed Neteyam as he swaggered into the tent that Enyu shared with five other unmated Na'vi females- like he owned it.

The tent was wide with a high ceiling and a large, round eating/work table in the middle. Six beds lined the walls of the interior- three hammocks and three comfortably constructed bed rolls.

Lit with a combination of human and Na'vi constructed lamps scattered around the area, each female decorated their little quarter to their liking. Some were neat and tidy- like hers was, and others- like F'valii, had items thrown about haphazardly.

Suffice to say, Enyu still wasn't used to sharing the space with so many females her age, it had been an adjustment to say the least.

The one perk she had was that her bed roll was situated in the rounded left corner of the tent. She was quite lucky to have gotten the more secluded spot, having only moved in two years ago, after her grandmother passed.

Kwalaani, the previous tenant, had been newly mated then and insisted on giving the space to her. The older Na'vi, five years her senior, was part of her Harvest group and Enyu was extremely grateful for her generosity.

She didn't own very much. Aside from her bed, she had a small wood crafted chest- a housewarming gift that Jake and the boys built for her, which she used to store her extra loincloths, hair beads and trinkets she'd collected over the years. And she had her harvest satchel- her most prized possession.

At the moment, she was sitting at the table, sewing together a new and intricate top to wear to an upcoming ceremony.

Responding to Neteyam's demand, without looking up from her task, she said, "I can't. I'm watching Tuk for your parents tonight, remember? It's date night and may I remind you as well, you haven't been cleared to fly yet. Your wound is still healing, so don't even think about going on your own."

"Why can't Lo'ak or Kiri do it this once?" he complained while flinging himself onto her nest of a bed, stretching out on his stomach, his ears twitching irritably.

At his question, she raised her brows at him as if saying, "Really?'

"Fine. Okay. Okay, but mom is going to have to learn to trust them again after what happened last time, one of these days. And my back is fine thank you. Grandmother says I can come by tomorrow to remove the stitches."

"I'll go flying with you, Neteyam," cooed a sultry voice.

Väriä, one of her roommates, was a beautiful Na'vi with long, shiny hair. Willowy and glowing in confidence, Enyu could see why many either envied or admired the gorgeous woman.

Although living with her for some time now, Enyu didn't really know her well. Truthfully, she got the feeling that Väriä didn't like her much. Yet, she sure seemed to love it whenever a certain someone came by to visit Enyu.

The moment he was around, Väriä would appear. It was always the same routine too... She always laughed at his jokes- whether she was part of the conversation or not. Always twirled her hair, always batted her lashes, always offered him food. And Enyu didn't know why, but seeing her with Neteyam always seemed to make her a bit nauseous- or maybe it was just gas, she told Kiri once.

"Um, well that's okay, thanks. I think I'll go another time," said Neteyam in a neutral tone, unlike the one he'd just been using.

"But you just sai-"

"I'm helping Enyu anyway with Tuk. She can be a real handful sometimes," he joked-part lied. Tuk was a sweetheart- at least whenever Enyu took care of her.