Addiction

Two days had passed since she confronted Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyk'itan.

Two days since they were no longer best friends.

Two days that felt like a lifetime.

~

When Enyu was younger, she'd first learned all about "addiction" from Spider's human, science friends- which, suffice to say, was one of the many reasons her grandmother never liked her hanging out with the then human boy.

And if those two days taught Enyu anything, it was that she was an actual addict, and Neteyam was her drug.

It was of course, purely due to the fact that she believed she was having what seemed like "withdrawal" symptoms. Just to name a few, she was moody, irritable, miserable... and downright craved his presence.

After the night she laid crying her eyes out in the forest, when she finally returned to camp, she was scolded by one of the Na'vi warriors on patrol duty. She was given a stern warning for breaking the curfew- not that she cared really- then headed straight to one of the on duty healer tents.

Enyu purposely avoided Mo'at's tent, seeking another healer to request one of their strongest sleeping tonics. Then she snuck into her shared tent and proceeded to sleep an entire day and another night away.

But when she woke up this morning however, she didn't feel well rested at all, she was also no longer numb and the memories and pain from the day before were just as fresh.

"Hey are- are you okay?"

Enyu peered up and found Hvatia hovering near her worriedly. Hvatia, one of her roommates, was a soft spoken and anxious girl. Yet, given her nervous demeanour however, she was quite a fierce warrior and so far it seemed she was the only other female home at the moment.

"Fine," Enyu croaked, rubbing sleep from her eyes, then yawning widely.

"It's just- well, you were missing for some time... Well and- and you slept for like two n- nights and an entire day? Maybe more? And- and you had a lot of visitors as well... Are- are you in trouble or something?" Hvatia was wringing her fingers nervously and kept glancing at the tent's exit.

"What?" Enyu asked, blinking slowly at her. She was still a bit drowsy and it was taking her some time to process the sudden conversation.

"You had some visitors but- but you were out of it completely. Lo'ak came looking for you the day before but we didn't know where you were and then it was past curfew and you still never showed up. He came back again that night too. He stayed a long time waiting for you outside our tent. We thought something bad happened but then when we- when we woke up you were just... there... Sleeping."

When Enyu didn't say anything to that, the skittish woman continued.

"Then Kiri and Neytiri- the chief's wife-" she emphasized, her eyes widening as if it were some kind of scandal, "they came by yesterday morning. They shook you a few times but- but you didn't wake up... I think they found your sleeping vile and realized they couldn't wake you... Oh, and well, F'valii said the chief came by a few hours ago... He said to come get him when you woke up. I was just about t-"

"No!" The rambling Na'vi froze at Enyu's shout. "I- I'm sorry. It's just- you don't need to get him, it's fine," she rasped.

"But it's the Toruk Makto He gave us a direct order."

"Fine!" Enyu snapped. "Then go get him. I won't be here though."

Getting up a bit too quickly, a dizzy spell hit her. Enyu really needed to eat but leaving was her current priority. She quickly popped a piece of cleansing bark into her mouth and chewed on it while she grabbed her satchel, then made a beeline for the exit of the tent as she ignored a blubbering and nervous energized Hvatia.