Wounded

They were gone a long time now, longer than expected. En'yuna knew it was only supposed to be a simple mission, but the waiting, the waiting was the worst part.

Jake Sully was an awe-inspiring chief and as Toruk Makto, he had led his warriors through many successful battles. She had to remind herself that this one would be no different.

Neteyam and Lo'ak played an important part of this particular raid however, much to her dismay- acting as scouts. To her, that was practically the front line! And despite the fact that Enyu had sat in the back of every strategy meeting and knew the plan of action for this mission just as well as the other warriors, she couldn't help her worry.

Currently in one of the healing tents helping Mo'at prepare the area for anyone who may have been injured in the raid, she prayed quietly to Eywa. A quiet pleading prayer that all would return unharmed- especially her best friend and his family.

To distract her looming anxiety, she kept busy by grounding leaves to create salves and balms and helped organize the tent as Mo'at instructed her. Water bowls were filled, clean bedding was laid out and with nervous hands, she unfolded and refolded strips of cloth bandages. And when she completed those, she swept the tent twice and re-tidied the little kitchenette in the corner.

It was not her job to do any of these tasks of course, but she had already finished her harvest inventory for the day and they proved to be useful distractions- she could never sit still at a time like this. Also, she enjoyed the Tsahìk's company. The elder's presence brought her comfort.

Enyu felt a bit silly for worrying so much. The rest of the clan weren't as openly bothered as she was and went about their duties as normal- doing far better jobs than her at hiding their concerns.

The raids had become a normal affair since the return of the Sky People. Naturally one would think she'd be used to it all by now, no?

But how could she? The RDA had taken so much from her clan.

In the first great war, the Sky People destroyed Hometree. Enyu had not been born yet but her grandmother had told her countless stories of their once magnificent home.

When the second group invaded Pandora, she was quite young. It was her first encounter with the hostile humans. Watching in horror from a distance, they came in fleets- thousands of them. Then, in a wave of savage brutality, they burned and destroyed parts of the Omatikaya's beloved forest.

And so her people fled.

The Hallelujah Mountains became their refuge and even now- years later, they were still living, no- hiding as Enyu called it.

Tuk's humming brought Enyu back to the present. The youngest Sully's quiet tune carried from the corner she was sitting in whilst weaving a basket- which she had said was for collecting "secret things". She would occasionally and excitedly pause to show En'yuna her progress or ask for help on a difficult section and honestly, Enyu envied the little one's innocence.

Kiri was sitting just outside the tent with Spider, doing whatever it was they were doing. Were they seriously pulling each other's tails? They were truly a weird pair sometimes.

Spider hadn't gone on this raid thankfully. He was still in training- still getting used to his Na'vi body which Enyu could never logistically understand exactly how it happened, only that a year ago he showed up looking very much Na'vi and very less human.

She didn't particularly care to know how it happened either way. The humans they lived with at High Camp were always doing all sorts of strange things. And although their technology fascinated her, she just couldn't be bothered to keep up.