𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟨

Start from the beginning

Bletchley gulped as Ariana tightened the wand against his neck. 

"Pathetic, am I?" Ariana said in low voice tone glaring at Bletchley through her lashes as her eyes turned pitch black and then developed a purple ring of fire around the pupils. She was really furious.

Bletchley wasn't saying anything, only breathing really fast, indicating that he was scared. Warrington fumbled with his wand as he tried to predict Ariana's move, wondering if he shot the spell first, would she have time to do so too?

Pucey just kept watching Ariana, knowing that she wouldn't hex anyone in public. Just in case, however, his hand was clasped around his wand in his pocket.

Ariana said, "Whether I be a Mudblood or a Pureblood, I still manage to outshine you every year."

Warrington scoffed, deciding to cast the first spell. 

"Reducto!"

Ariana's eyes widened. She had not expected that. 

 "Protego!" She quickly created a shield over herself, Pucey and Bletchley.

"Are you mad!?" She and Pucey shouted at the same time after the collision caused a loud noise.

"Holy shit!" Bletchley exclaimed as he managed to stumble off towards Warrington while Ariana was holding up the shield. She pocketed her wand just as Professor Sprout came speed walking near them, having heard the sound. 

Warrington's wand was still pointing towards Ariana and Pucey stood a few inches to her right. Ariana noticed Professor Sprout about to reach them and she smirked.

"Thirty points from Slytherin," she said, purposefully adjusting her Prefect badge. "For attempting to seriously injure and possibly kill three fellow students."

Ariana titled her head, turning to Pucey. "You wouldn't disagree," she glared straight at him, eyes still flaming, slightly raising her eyebrows to annoy him as she said her next words. "Would you?"

Adrian Pucey glared back before bowing his head very slightly, turning and walking off to his little posse. Ariana smirked in victory before waving at Professor Sprout, who came and gave Warrington detention. Snape was not gonna be very kind to Ariana the next day.

The explosion-like noise had drawn a lot of students, including Alexis Rodriguez, Austin Chase, Antony Rickett and...Cedric Diggory?

Ariana walked over towards them, confused.

"Hi," she said when Cedric wouldn't meet her eyes.

"Hi," he murmured.

Ariana looked at Alexis and Anthony but they, too, were dutifully avoiding her gaze. 

"I thought you were unwell...?"

Cedric glanced at his friends and they appeared to have a silent communication for two seconds. "I - er - got better. Had some Pepper Up potion."

"My initial plan was to come pay you a visit, maybe get you something to help you feel better, but I guess there's no need for that now," Ariana smiled.

Cedric did not smile back. His hand twitched as if he was fighting an urge or something.

What was up with him? She had wanted to confess her feelings for him, but she wasn't so sure now. Or maybe confessing would improve his mood? No, she couldn't just assume he'd feel the same way. Oh, what happened to being fearless?

"Um, are you sure you're okay?" Ariana asked him nervously.

"Why wouldn't I be?" His tone was so flat it could rival Oliver's from when he had visited that morning.