XVI

Two days later.

Chan could hardly get out of bed, and for good reason. Between his itchy wound and his curiosity about Seungcheol, who still hasn't told him anything except that he's going to ditch today when he was supposed to come back because his detention is over, he honestly doesn't know what his eldest can tell him. The black-haired man is forced to get up and shuffles off to his living room...

" Chan my son. What's going on right now ? "

" Hello, Mom. And what are you talking about ? "

" Your grade point average Chan ! It's dropped below 15 there."

" I'll bring it back up m'man, but I've got other stuff to deal with right now."

" More important than your overall average ? "

" Yeah, standing up to your ex isn't easy, mom..."

" You never told me you dated a girl."

" I never said she was a girl."

" Chan you-"

" See you later, Mom. "

Chan wouldn't even let his mother say anything, he'd get a slap for sure. So he decided to run away, straight to his school. It's barely 6:00 in the morning. So he decides to go to his friend's house before...

" Chan hyung ? "

" Jaemin, I really need you. "

" Um... What's going on, already, go on inside. Make yourself at home..."

The black-haired man thanks his friend and enters Jaemin's spacious apartment, his friend yawning, a sign that he's just woken up...

" Did I wake you up ? "

" Um, but it's not matter. I'll be up in a few minutes. What's the matter ? "

" I came out to my mom..."

" Did it go well ? "

" If I'm here Jaemin..."

" Ah, sorry, I just got up, my brain's working at two miles an hour..."

Chan laughs softly then comes to sit on the couch in the middle of the living room. Jaemin, joins him.

" Is that your sweat-shirt ? " Asks the black-haired man, pointing at the clothes, Jaemin blushes, coughing slightly...

" No, it's Jeno's. I was cold last night so he lent it to me..."

" Oh, that's so sweet ! But did you sleep on your couch ? "

" Yes, I was too tired to make it to my bed..."

" What time did you get back from your night walk ? "

" No later than usual..."

"  What does this mean ? "

" Three o'clock. "

Chan looks at his friend and counts on his hands then shows " three " to Jaemin....

" You only sleep three hours a night ? "

" The joy of being an insomniac."

Chan nods in understanding at once.

" Can I borrow your bathroom ? "

" Sure ! I'll get ready real quick and then we can go. "

Chan nods and heads for his friend's bathroom. Once inside, he splashes water on his face as if to wash it off, picks up a toothbrush from Jaemin and brushes his teeth...

After a few minutes.

He leaves the bathroom and his best friend enters...

A few minutes later.

The two boys are ready to go, they leave the apartment and pass neighbors Minghao, Mark and Haechan.

" Hi guys ! " Says Jaemin

" How are you, Jaem' ? " Minghao rejoined

" I'm bursting..."

" Ah great, oh Chan ! "

The said Chan, look at the one who just called him, it's Minghao.

" Thanks again for the lessons Hyung. "

" It's normal Chan, no worries..."

And that's how it goes, they go to school talking about anything and everything, Chan is happy once again, he makes a friend and it's more than pleasant.