First Killings

James stood beside me as Tatiana Petrovna patted us down. She was going extra overboard with me. Going in between my legs and up my ass. What a cunt.

We walked down to the area with all the wealth in it. It was guarded by Russians who kept looking at me like I was their next meal. James kept a close distance to me, making sure none of the Russians pulled anything they shouldn't.

I grabbed the box with the Shelby name on it and handed it to James. Tatiana's eyes got wider and she walked towards James, trying to pry the box out of his hands.

"Ms. Green, these are reserved." She said, I shrugged my shoulders as I gave her a briefcase with double the value.

"Remember who gave you the opportunity to get those diamonds, Tatiana. Tell Mr. Shelby he can come pick out more if he'd like." I said as we made our way out of the room and up the stairs. Tatiana huffed in response and showed us our way out.

"Ms. Green..." she pressed on as we approached the front door of their palace. "Do not make this harder than it has to be."

I walked up to her, making sure we were inches apart. "Tatiana, I've never liked you. We don't owe each other favors, we do not negotiate. I've given you double the value of what is in that case, and you will take it." I said sternly, not wanting to put up with her bullshit.

"Watch how you talk to people of power, Anna." She rolled her eyes and walked away from me. James had already placed the valuables in the car and had the passenger door open for me.

-

"Thank you, James." I told him as he placed the box down on the dining room table of my house. He nodded, then started to walk out of the house. He shut the door quietly behind him, leaving me alone in a huge house with nothing but silence.

I knew I wouldn't sleep tonight. I don't ever sleep when I'm sober. I haven't had a drink in 18 hours. That would surely end.

I poured a glass of whiskey and downed the liquor like it was water. The burning sensation in my throat made me crave it more. It was the third glass I decided on settling down.

I put a more immodest dress on, which was also much more comfortable. It was a slip. Nobody was watching me, so who cares? I could go naked if I wanted to.

Staring at the alcohol always made me think. I was thinking about what kind of life I would have if I hadn't run away. I would be the president of France's daughter. I would be famous for just that. But here I am, in Birmingham, being a top notch gangster. What a life.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when I heard someone banging on my door like a mad person. I wanted to squeeze the glass so hard it broke in my hand. Who even comes to random people's houses this time of night?

I put my robe over my shoulders and walked to the door in a hurry. I opened it. There stood Thomas Shelby with a gun pointed to my temple.

"You better have it." He took a breath. He sounded like he was on the verge of tears. "You better fucking have it Anna, or I will blow your goddamn brains all over your fucking walls"

I lead him to the box, he opened it and inspected it. Tears were coming out of his eyes, his face was dirty.

"Tommy, it's midnight." I said. He closed the box calmly.

"They have my boy." He said. I looked him in the eyes. They have more color in them. "Hughes has my fucking boy, Anna." He told me.

I slipped into my shoes and tied my robe around me. Thomas had already left with the box. Hughes was dying tonight and I was going to make sure if it.