1. Illegal adoption?

The music in the party I was at was blasting so loud it feels like the floor is shaking

The music in the party I was at was blasting so loud it feels like the floor is shaking. People were partying, screaming and singing with their friends having fun.

I feel a vibration in my left pocket, I take my phone out and check who's calling me.

It's probably my boss or dad you could say, who's calling me.

The man is grumpy and annoying, I don't even look like him got me thinking if I'm adopted or not.

He's definitely going to kill me for sneaking out, he hates it when I sneak out to have some fun and go partying for fun. Like can't I live a little?

I look at the caller ID and see that Amelia is calling me.

Thank God, I thought I was dead meat.

I'm not scared of him it's just that he looks consorted when he's angry, he doesn't even need a mask to look so grotesque.

He thinks that I'm scared of him because he looks intimidating. But the truth is I'm scared I'd catch a disease from him.

And the scowl that always rests on his face makes it worse.

The man never smiles.

I know you're like why are you talking about your father like this. The thing is his never been a father to me. Never supported my decisions or even raised me.

He let the maids raise me while he went to work and always ignores my existence.

He wasn't always like this. After the car crash we got into and my mother died, he was worried for me because I got into a coma and lost all my memory after I woke up from being in a coma for six months. I was four then.

He was caring and kind the first few months after the accident, but then he completely change. Like his expecting so much from me, he wanted me to become someone I didn't want to become.

Don't get me wrong it's not like my life is bad or anything. I just have a lot of mommy and daddy issues.

I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone began ringing again.

I grab my bag and walk out to the back of the club so it would be less noisy and crowded.

"Hi Amelia, why are you calling did something happen?" I asked basically shouting, because the music was still loud, holding my phone to my left ear and a finger to the right to try to block all the music in the background.

"Lucy, I want you to come back to the headquarters as soon as possible."

"Why? Does John know I sneaked out?"

Amelia is one of the only ones that knows I don't like him and that we aren't close.

She always covers for me when I want to go out because I'm never allowed to do anything other than work.