Hyena Attack

Uru's POV

Uru's POV

I go to leave dad's cave, when I am grabbed by him. "Daddy, let go!" I whine.

"What have I taught you Uru?" he demands after putting me down.

"Not to whine" I say head bow. He raises it and gives me a look. "Never to bow my head or show any weakness" I add.

"Good" he says. "Now, where are you off to in such a hurry?" he asks.

"Water hole, Nani and Estel said they'd show me the basics of following a trail" I tell him proudly. I've had to grow up fast. As dad doesn't like being around the others. In fact, I am already fully whined, along with the other two cubs and have started my hunting training early. Even though it'll be a few more months before Nala is made to start her training.

"Good, do as you are told and make me proud" he tells me. I sit up taller. I long for him to be proud of me or say he loves me. As Sarabi, Mufasa and Sarafina do the other two cubs. But he has never really been the affectionate type. With Scar as my dad, it's learn fast or die. Lucky, I am a fast learner. "Run along now" he tells me.

I nod and race off. I start to explore the pride lands. As I wasn't due to see the others yet. I see Simba with his dad, they are also out exploring. I hear Mufasa telling Simba about the Circle of Life. Which is confusing, dad says lions rule the land and the circle of life is meaningless. Who's right, the king or my dad? I follow dad's lead as I want him to be proud. But I do often question his morals when it comes to hunting.

I sigh and left the area heading farther from pride rock. A lot has happened since I was adopted. We got two new lionesses, Nala was born and a few weeks ago her father Nahko died. It was an attack, but not hyenas. I heard the grown ups talking about it, a rogue group of four lionesses had taken up residents in the out lands on the out skirts of our territory. It's rumored they killed Nahko, but there is no proof.

Suddenly I notice how silent it's gotten and frown. I look around and hear a twig snap behind me. I look to see a group of hyenas. I scream and take off running. They snarl and give chase laughing. "Help!" I cry as more appear and I have to change direction.

"Uru!" I hear Nani and Estel shout in the distance.

"Hyenas!" I shout and yelp as one nearly bites my tail off. Tears run down my cheeks as I run faster. But I can feel myself getting tired. I'm soon cornered by the river, with nowhere to run. I face them scared. They fan out blocking my escape and I back away towards the fast river. I swipe at one that draws to close and it backs off laughing. They were toying with me before they kill me. I bare my teeth puffing my fur up to make myself look bigger.

But close my eyes as one lunges at me. However, no attack came and I heard furious roars. I open my eyes to see Nani and Estel had arrived. They were fighting the hyenas. But they were out numbered three to one. Suddenly another roar sounds and Mufasa appears. Together they scare the hyenas off and he chases them back to their home with Estel.

While Nani stayed to check on me. "Are you ok little one?" she asks concerned as I cling to her shaking. "Shush, it's ok. You are safe now" she assures me.

"I was so scared!" I cry still shaking.

"Lets get you home" she says. She picks me up and carries me to pride rock. We join the other linoesses as we see Simba and Nala leave with Zazu.

"What happened?" Sarabi asks concerned as I rush over to her. She's the closest thing I have to a mother. I nuzzle into her.

"Hyenas, don't worry we chased them off and they won't show their faces again today" Nani states.

"Oh you poor thing" Dwala says and licks my head soothingly.

"Are you ok Uru?" Sarabi asks me concerned.

"Scared, I'm scared" I tell her.

"Don't worry, you're safe here" Diku assures me.

"We won't let those hyenas anywhere near you again" Naanda assures me.

"Poor Mufasa, he has been having a harder time patrolling without Nahko to help" Sarafina says.

"Scar should be helping" Dwala states.

"He does" Sarabi states. They all give her a look. "Sometimes" she admits.

"Maybe we should take turns too?" Diku suggests.

"Not a bad idea" Estel says as she appears with Mufasa. Who comes over and nuzzles me.

"Are you hurt?" he asks and I shake my head. "I'm gonna go tell Scar about this" he adds. "Do you know where he is Sarabi?" he asks.

"Usual place" she states.

"Do you have to?" I ask him. Dad would not be pleased to hear I ran away like a coward. He'd punish me for sure. He nods and left. Sarabi starts to give me a bath and I start to relax. I soon fall into a light sleep.

 I soon fall into a light sleep

(Out lands) Third Persons POV

"The hyena's failed" Uma drawls.

"I know" Zira growls.

"What now fearless leadrer?" Kwami ask and Zira glares at her. As Daphne and Uma look bored.

"Look we go rid of that lion for Scar, he promised once he overthrows Mufasa. We'd be allow to join the pride. Which means no more scraps and I'll become the queen I was born to be" Zira states proudly.

"Why not have us kill Mufasa?" Daphne asks.

"Because it'd look to suspicious" Zira snaps. "It's bad enough we're suspected for the other lions death" she states.

"But we did kill him" Uma reminds her.

"Besides, what makes you think you'll be made queen?" Daphne asks Zira. Who snarls.

"Is that a challenge?" she demands.

"No" she says bowing her head. "But Scar already has a cub and I heard he has liked Sarabi, the current queen since they were cubs. What's to stop him keeping her queen?" she asks.

"Daphne makes a good point" Uma admits.

"Scar wants a male heir, the orphan female cub is irrelevant. Besides Sarabi won't fall for him and he won't be able to resister when I come into season soon" Zira states proudly. "Once I am pregnant, our place in the pride will be secure and we can get rid of that orphan and the other cub" she adds.

"Good plan" Kwami says.

"We just have to be patient" Zira states looking at the pride lands. "For now, lets hunt" she says. The others agree and they set off to hunt.

A/N

Picture above of Uru now and picture in chapter of Mufasa pride now. Picture in chapter of Zira and her girls (Uma, Daphne and Kwami).