Shaking my head, I replied, "That's not true. You always stayed. You always tried to get through everything. The only time I can recall where you just left was when you confessed to me about the whole Xanax thing. Other than that, you always fought. And that night... I'm pretty certain I left the house first, and I told you to leave, didn't I? I made my own bed." I sighed.

She shook her head, "Let's just settle on the fact that we both messed up that night."

I nodded, and I felt some weight leave from both of us and the tension slowly fading. Step by step, but I will definitely get her back.

*****************

The girls all arrived before our mystery guest, so they still pestered Beth about who it was.

The doorbell rang, and I got nervous. I'm pretty sure all of us know this person, so it's most likely someone I was friends with who then slept with Beth.

Beth stood up, and we all stayed in the living room. Even though I heard a very excited female voice, I couldn't quite place where I've heard it.

Finally, I heard footsteps coming towards us, and I held my breath. This is it. This is the moment I've been waiting for.

When I saw who stood in front of me, it all clicked. And then I started considering the stuff Beth told me, it all made perfect sense.

It was motherfucking Ellie Stephens.

Of course, it was our former stylist. It just had to be her.

She smiled at us and didn't seem to feel any kind of uncomfortable. She didn't seem like she understood how this made me feel, but then I started turning my basic common sense one, and I reminded myself that both of them did, in fact, not wrong me.

"Hey guys. Long time no see." She greeted.

The girls, who got a basic idea that this person most likely hooked up with Beth, were also in shock. None of us answered at first, and that did seem to dim Ellie's excitement a bit, so I started to feel bad. Swallowing my pride and possessiveness, I stood up and smiled at her lightly.

"Hello Ellie." I said and hugged her. Once we both let go, she again had a smile on her face that lit up the whole room. She really was excited to see us again.

Or maybe just Beth.

Ugh, I hate my bitter thoughts.

My move made all the girls get out of their stupor as well, and they also individually hugged and greeted her.

I just remembered that they never knew of Ellie's crush on Beth. Neither of us told them.

Huh, they must be even more shocked then.

We made our way to the dining room where Beth and I had already set the table.

At first, we held basic conversation, and Ellie told us about how she is Taylor Swift's make-up artist now for her Eras Tour. She explained how that's why she couldn't visit Beth in the hospital and can only visit now, because Taylor has a concert in London tomorrow.

We asked her a bit more about how Taylor was since we met her and haven't talked to her in quite some time. Ellie informed us that Taylor knew of her visit and that she greeted us and wished us all the best for our reunion.

Then, slowly, we couldn't talk around the elephant in the room anymore. Everyone thought about the same thing.

How did Beth and Ellie actually become a thing?

Luckily, we have Jade and Jesy, who have no qualms about asking people completely invasive questions when they deem it necessary.

"So Ellie, since when have you and Beth been fucking?" Jesy asked, with no sign of uneasiness whatsoever.

Beth choked on her water, and Ellie also coughed.

"Uh..." Ellie trailed off, looking at Beth.

It made me mad and I couldn't fucking control it. The blushing, the feeling embarrassed of being caught.

She shouldn't feel that way around Ellie!

"After your disbanding, like 8 months after it maybe." She finally answered, looking at her plate.

"How did it happen?" Jade continued asking.

Ellie cleared her throat, "Well, when I used to work for you, I already had a crush on Beth. And uh... as horrible as it sounds, I saw my chance again after your disbanding." She looked sideways.

The news of how long Ellie was interested in Beth hit them like a train. All of them were jawdropped.

After that, there was an awkward silence, and finally, I had the guts to speak up.

"So uh, are you guys still a thing?" I asked because even if Beth figures Ellie thinks it's done, I still need to make sure regardless that Ellie will not serve as an obstacle.

She looked to Beth, who bit her lip, "I'm not certain." Ellie said.

I'm glad she said that because now Beth knows she has to talk to her about it.

Dinner ended rather quickly with that, and Beth and Ellie went outside so Beth would walk her to her car.

"Are you alright, Pez?" Leigh asked me while helping me put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"For sure. I finally know who it is." I said.

I just wonder what they're talking about out there.

****************

Beth's POV:

I walked Ellie to her car after that disastrous dinner.

"I'm sorry, you know, I think I accidentally put you quite on the spot." I said, rubbing my neck.

She chuckled, "Don't be, I got mentally ready for any possible cat fight, but it really wasn't that bad. Perrie tried to be civil, which is more than I could've asked for, and I mean, I'm pretty used to Jade and Jesy's lewd questions."

I tried to calm myself mentally and let out a deep breath, "Ellie, you know you have been helping me quite a bit since my break up with Perrie, but it wouldn't be fair of me to just with no comment leave you hanging. Although we never made this a serious thing, I still wanna officially tell you that I feel no longer able to have a beneficial relationship with you."

Ellie at first looked at me very seriously and then burst out laughing, "God, why are you speaking so formally. Just say that you don't wanna fuck anymore. You should know by now that I'm not easily hurt. Lighten up." She said, ruffling up my hair.

I smiled and pushed her hand away, "Okay okay. Then I'm glad we can still be friends."

"I don't think Perrie will be too fond of that." She joked.

I chuckled, "At first, probably no, but she'll come around. She trusts me after all. Plus, we aren't together right now." I shrugged.

"Don't tempt me." She said, winking and entering her car.

I rolled my eyes and punched her arm lightly, "Idiot."

"Yeah, yeah. Good luck with Perrie. Even though I like you, I'm still very much rooting for you both." She said, driving off.

I smiled. This could've gone way worse, I suppose.