Chapter ten

April 13th 1912

April 13th 1912

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, I slowly opened my eyes, greeted by the soft glow of the sunrise. The gentle rocking of the ship reminded me that we were still aboard the Titanic, nearing the end of our journey. Turning to my side, I saw Thomas still sleeping peacefully beside me, his chest rising and falling rhythmically with each breath.

A contented smile graced my lips as I watched him sleep. It was moments like these that I cherished the most—the quiet mornings filled with the promise of a new day and the comfort of being wrapped in the arms of the man I loved.
Gently, I reached out to brush a stray lock of hair away from Thomas's forehead, not wanting to disturb his slumber. He stirred slightly, his eyes fluttering open, and a warm smile spread across his face as he saw me watching him.

"Good morning, my love," he said, his voice still heavy with sleep.
"Good morning," I replied, my heart swelling with affection. "I hope you slept well."
He pulled me closer, his arms enveloping me in a tender embrace. "I always sleep well when I'm with you," he murmured, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek.

As we began to wake up more, Thomas and I found ourselves in our bathroom, drawn to the allure of a warm bath. The soft glow of candles flickered around the tub, casting a romantic ambiance over the room.
"I can't think of a more perfect way to start the day," Thomas said with a smile, his eyes sparkling as he looked at me.

I nodded in agreement, feeling a sense of tranquility settle over me. "You always know how to create the most magical moments," I replied, reaching for his hand.
Together, we stepped into the soothing warmth of the bath, the water enveloping us like a gentle embrace. As we settled into the tub, I leaned back against Thomas's chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeat against my back.
"You know," Thomas said playfully, "I think we could get used to this luxury."
I chuckled, tilting my head to look at him. "Indeed, we could," I replied. "But it's not just the luxury that makes this moment special—it's sharing it with you."

His eyes softened with affection as he cupped my cheek, his touch sending a wave of warmth through me. "You make every moment special, Eleanor," he said sincerely. "I'm grateful for every second we get to spend together."
I reached up to brush a strand of hair away from his face, my heart swelling with love. "And I'm grateful for you, Thomas," I whispered, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

As we soaked in the bath, we engaged in easy conversation. We laughed at the memorable moments and shared our hopes for the future.
In that intimate space, surrounded by the flickering candles and the soothing water, I felt a profound sense of closeness with Thomas. It was more than just physical; it was a connection of minds and hearts, a deep understanding and appreciation for each other.

As the morning wore on, we decided to indulge in a few playful splashes, our laughter echoing in the room. It was a moment of uninhibited joy, a reminder that even amidst the grandeur of the Titanic, we could find simple pleasures in each other's company.
When the water began to cool, we reluctantly stepped out of the bath, wrapping ourselves in plush towels. But the warmth of the experience lingered within us, creating a cocoon of love and contentment.
______________________________

As the sun began its descent, casting a warm, golden hue over the first-class deck area of the Titanic, Thomas and I found ourselves drawn to the charm of the outdoors. The deck was adorned with elegant furnishings, inviting us to enjoy its beauty and serenity.

We settled into a cozy nook with plush cushions, our fingers intertwined, and our hearts intertwined as well. The soft sea breeze brushed against our cheeks, and the gentle hum of laughter and conversation from other first class passengers created a delightful atmosphere.

"This is perfect," I murmured, resting my head against Thomas's shoulder.
He leaned in, pressing a tender kiss to my forehead. "It certainly is," he replied, his voice filled with warmth.
As we sat there, lost in each other's company, a musician nearby began playing a soft, melodic tune on a violin. The sweet sound floated through the air, adding a touch of magic to the moment.

"I could dance with you forever," Thomas whispered, a playful glint in his eyes.
I chuckled, delighted by his suggestion. "Oh, really? Even here on the deck?" I teased.
"Especially here on the deck," he replied with a grin. "Anywhere with you is perfect for dancing."
With a smile, I rose from our cozy spot, offering my hand to Thomas. "Well then, Mr. Andrews, may I have this dance?"

He took my hand, pulling me close. We swayed gently to the soft music, our movements mirroring the grace and elegance of the Titanic itself. In that moment, it felt as if the world had faded away, leaving only Thomas and me, wrapped in a cocoon of love and happiness.
As the sun dipped lower, casting a soft pink and orange hue over the horizon, Thomas twirled me gently, and we both laughed like carefree children. The joy in his eyes matched the joy in my heart, and in that moment, I knew that this was a memory I would treasure forever.

We continued to dance, lost in the enchantment of the music and the warmth of each other's embrace. It was a moment of pure bliss, a moment when time seemed to stand still, and all that mattered was the love we shared.

As the music slowly came to an end, we lingered in each other's arms, basking in the magic of the moment. The first-class deck had become more than just a luxurious setting—it had become a place of love and connection, a place where Thomas and I had created memories that would stay with us for a lifetime.