Chapter 3: Peter

Peter walked into his room and slammed the door hard. As expected, he heard footsteps. May. Peter thought. She knocked on his door and he heard her grab the handle.

"Peter? Are you okay?" she asked, "Please talk to me."

"Go away." Peter choked.

Although he couldn't see her, he could tell that May sat by the door and leaned against it.

"Listen to me, you don't have to talk, just listen..." she started, "...this isn't healthy, Peter. You're shutting out your emotions-"

"Don't tell me what I'm doing." Peter growled, "I'm doing what I need to do."

"Peter, you're letting this consume you. You've got so many people who care about you and understand what you're going through. Hardly anyone knew how you felt about him. I know it's more painful knowing he did this for you, but you have to end this. Stop shutting others out, bottling things up until you explode on everybody. Ned...told me what happened. I love you so much. And if you love me, please open this door, don't shut people out, and start letting them love you."

Peter pressed his head against the door and slid his fingers along the trim. He finally reached for the handle and twisted the lock.

"Okay." said May.

Peter could hear her sigh in relief as she opened the door softly not to startle the teenager. She leaned down and pulled Peter close to her.

"What do I do, Aunt May?" Peter sobbed.

The boy felt his tears starting to roll down his face. Bit by bit it turned into a steady downpour and he choked trying to stop them. May put her hand over his head and pulled him closer to her.

"You get to know Morgan, let others mourn with you, eventually let it go and move on." May answered, "But for now, you can start talking to Ned again, hmm?"

Peter put his head back and nodded in agreement as he wiped his tears away. He stood up and looked everywhere in his room to find his phone, eventually, he found it beneath his Ned. He then laid down on it. He then clicked the profile with a picture of a Darth Sidious lego minifigure.

"Hello?" Ned asked.

"Hey, Ned." said Peter, his voice more cooled down.

"Peter! Okay, before you hang up-!"

"I won't, Ned...I'm sorry about...earlier. I just...there's something I wish to tell you...it's the Avengers."

"Wait, are you an official Avenger?"

"In a way...Tony Stark aka Iron Man knighted me once we were in that 'flying donut'."

"Sick! So what was it you wished to tell me?"

"T-Tony's...gone..."

The line was silent for a bit, to Peter however, it was an eternity. Finally, Ned responded.

"I'm sorry, Peter. He was a father to you." Ned apologized.

"He wasn't my dad, Ned." said Peter, wishing to change the subject, "He was a mentor."

"Ha! Okay, Peter, I know I've seen quite a few movies, but I've seen mentors too. But for sure, he was more than that."

"Ned, you're not helping."

"Right, sorry! But at least now I know how come you're going Darth Vader silent on me. Are you still at least being Spider-Man? Are you still an Avenger?"

"Yeah, but I haven't been doing too much in weeks."

Silence filled the conversation for a bit before Ned spoke again.