six

It was now around a week after I had flown home from my uncle's wedding in Italy. Lando stayed out there as the next race was in Italy so he just went straight there. Since then we had shared a few texts daily, but he had been busy preparing for the Imola grand prix, and I had been busy with uni work so we haven't really had time to properly chat or anything. 

It was Sunday, race day. Bea and I sat together in front of the TV watching the build up to the race. I had gotten Bea into f1 when we moved in together at the start of uni four years ago. We both study physiotherapy and that's how we met. We moved in together and Bea quickly started to share my love for motorsport. 

"So he called himself your boyfriend, you slept in the same bed together twice, and he called you the most loving beautiful girl he had ever met." Bea, my roommate, and bestfriend, says after I had debriefed her about the last few weeks and my encounters with Lando.

"Pretty much yeah." I said.

"But you claim you don't have feelings for eachother." She continues, staring at me whilst i'm focused on the pre-race interviews with some of the team principles.

"I've really enjoyed getting closer with him again, but it's still early and im still not fully over how he left everything. And besides, Luke was right, he would never go for a girl like me." I said.

"Don't believe that dickhead of a cousin of yours. Sienna you are stunning, Lando even said that himself." Bea says, she really knows what to say and how to say it. "And besides, he definitely fancies you." she says, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I reply by throwing a pillow at her, causing her to retaliate by throwing it back. We then focus back on the race build up. I quickly send Lando a good luck text, even though he might not see it.

Sienna
Good luck Lando, i'm watching the race and will be cheering you on back in england x

I sigh, knowing i'm probably too late texting him as the teams look like they are making final preparations. The sky f1 broadcast shows Lando in the mclaren garage. He has the biggest smile on his face as he looks on his phone before he types. The broadcast then switches back to Ted Kravitz talking about something before the race. I look down at my phone as I then get a message notification from Lando. He must have been texting me on the clip shown on the TV.

"No way, did you see how much he was smiling as he read your text message?!" Bea shouts to me. I role my eyes in response, as it was nothing and quickly read my phone.

Lando
you're watching? no pressure then

*Sienna liked this message*

how about I make you a deal?

Sienna
depends what the deal is...

Lando
if i finish on the podium, you let me take you out for dinner

Sienna
and if you don't finish top 3?

Lando
no faith in me? really si?

Sienna
Sorry but you are starting p7...

Lando
I like a good challenge
So, what do you say?

Sienna
You better drive your ass off

Lando
ahahaha trust me I will

Sienna
now go get ready!!
good luck, not that you need it x

Lando
thanks si, will call you later x

Before we knew it we heard the commentator's famous line. "And it's lights out and away we go." Lando got a good start, gaining a place. He was now p6. The next lap he was fighting  Leclerc in a ferrari. Lando was getting closer and closer every turn until the final corner Rivazza where he pulled off an impressive overtake.