Chapter 8

Thank you for all the support on this story, there's only a few lines and review for me to do on the last chapter.

....

By noon, Dr. Arcalı did one more follow up of Eda's health, and her blood pressure was still very high and hard to regulate, she said she would try something stronger.

Eda wasn't keen on the idea. She wanted to breastfeed. Right now, holding a baby and feeding him felt like torture, and Alp was too sick anyway, but in a few days, if her baby grew well, she wanted that deep connection with her second born too. She hadn't gotten a choice. Serkan had sided with the doctor immediately, teaming up on her, her health first.

Serkan could see she was restless. She wanted to see Alp, he knew Eda had never been patient, and this seemed like such a fierce motherly instinct, that he wasn't sure she could help it.

Eda had stared in even more worry, as equipement to sustain the incubator and different machines were installed in the room. Did her son need that much care ?

She couldn't help but compare to Kiraz's crib, where, free to the air and to be held, her daughter lived on her own. Crying, sometimes gurggling, absolutely winning Eda's heart in her tiny fists. She kept her in her arms when she was at the Hospital, she wouldn't even put her in the crib if it wasn't for the fear of her falling off from her arms while she slept.

Serkan squeezed her hand as they wheeled the incubator in. Eda was frustrated, she couldn't even peek a bit, so many nurses surrounded the closed box, where sheets, and wires was all she could peek at, from her lying position on the bed anyway.

The pediatric team stayed awhile, at least 15 minutes, to check on everything working well with the incubator, Serkan was near them, having a better view on their son than her, Eda felt her patience wearing thin.

When they finally left, Eda breathed and tried to peek, but the incubator was too far and her bed maybe too low.

"Help me up Serkan, lütfen." She requested.

"Hayir Eda, the doctor said you shouldn't strain yourself like that." Serkan rubbed her palm but Eda's stubborness knew no boundary.

"I want to see my baby." She said stubbornly and held onto the bed rail in support, but Serkan gave in.

He's rather help her than watch her hurt herself. He gave her his arms to take support on and held her forearms as Eda slowly sat up, she breathed deep, she felt dizzy and the pain was scorching, her incision site burning in protest, it took her a minute to open her eyes and focus.

In the meanwhile, to her utter gratefulness, Serkan had wheeled the incubator closer to her, right by the bed. He didn't wanted her to get up, sitting up was enough, he hated seeing her in this state, and their baby in his.

Eda gasped as her eyes finally fell on her son, no wonder she struggled to see him. He was so tiny in that huge incubator, the sheets almost swallowing him.

She put her hand on the plastic glass, her expression one of panic. A breathing device violently invaded him, as well as several wires. Injections with needles half the size of his limbs poked him. The diaper he wore, hardshly slipped on the sides, yet still way too big on him. His skin almost translucid in the weakest parts of his body. His eyes were closed, but not peacefully, he seemed in pain.

Her heart squeezed in her chest, constricting as tears filled her eyes. "Bebeğim..?" She called out on a whimper.

He was too small, way too small. Heartbreak filled her. Kiraz was probably double his size at birth. Serkan put a hand on her back, stroking softly in support seeing her distress.