Chapter 7

"Ser-kan ?" Eda managed to croak out, he stroke her face between both his hands but she looked around, probably realising she was in a Hospital and out of a sudden as the realisation hit her, her eyes widened.

Her baby. She was pregnant. It was Serkan's birthday, she forgot. And then Melo organised a party, she baked a cupcake and she and Kiraz went to pick Serkan, then, fear filled her insides. She fell. Fell from a ladder. And she was in pain.

The baby.

Eda looked at him in alarm and fear, her hands urgently moving to her middle, only to find it flatter, her baby bump gone and she panicked even more.

One of those machine Serkan swore he could burn started making alarming sounds again.

"Her BP's way too high. Eda Hanim, inhale and breath slowly. I need you to relax." Dr. Arcalı pressed urgently.

Serkan stroke Eda's arm. "Eda, aşkım please breath, lütfen." She wasn't leaving him now, no. Not now that she had opened her eyes and taken his name.

"Ben...benim bebek.." Her breath itched, her barely audible voice faltering. "Bizim bebek nerde ?" She asked tears filling her eyes and Serkan's heart constricted.

Serkan stroked her face all over. "He's fine, he's alive. Sakin ol Eda." He replied.

Eda's eyes kept alarmingly looking around. No. She was just 31 weeks, 30 weeks during her last appointement. No, no, no. She lost their baby. Alp, she couldn't give Serkan the most precious gift she ever wanted to give him. Her precious little baby. His sonograms flashed before her eyes as panic seized her heart.

"Hayir, you're lying." She responded in panic, her sweet Serkan was probably trying to protect her.

"I am not, aşkım I saw him earlier, right before coming to you. He's severely premature, he's in an incubator in the maternity ward." Serkan promised, locking eyes with her.

"Nere ? I want to see him." Eda said and tried to rise, but as she did, she was suddenly aware of a searing pain burning in her abdomen, she cried out, dizziness taking over her.

"Eda Hanim, yok yok, we need you to be still. Lay down, lütfen. You're in no position to move right now, I need you to breath and calm down." Dr. Arcalı said urgently and her eyes looked at the BP machine as it went into another fuss of beeps, her BP was way too high, this woman needed to calm down right now.

"Eda, lütfen. Please don’t do this bebeğim." Serkan stroked the side of her face with the back of his fingers.

"Benim bebek nerde ?" She said so sadly, her eyes shutting of dizziness, but he caught the utter heartbreak in them, the defeat in her as the attempt to rise seemed to have taken all of the little energy she had.

A sudden rational thought caught him, instead of the painful heartbreak that had been all he knew for the past four days, and Serkan pulled his hand away from her, feeling a resistance as she held on, he held it back and whispered. "I'll be right back, tamam ?"

He rushed to the corned of the room, where his stuff lay on a chair, he looked for his phone in his jacket and held onto it as the hope of his life.

Back at her level. "Bak Eda, that’s our baby, he's fighting, he's a warrior just like you, guzelim." Serkan showed her, one hand stroking her forehead.

Eda's eyes fell upon his phone and instantly filled as a trembling hand reached to touch the screen.

Tears poured from her eyes as her heart sank. "He's so small, he looks so sick and in pain. Oh Serkan I'm sorry." She wept and Serkan kissed her lips this time, not caring about the audience anymore.