"I may have called you when I was tipsy. I think I had too much to drink." I continued, gesturing at the four-liters Carlo Rossi that was conveniently sitting on my nightstand. I didn't even touch the damn thing yesterday, but if it flows with my excuse then fuck yea I'm using it.

The amused look on Zayn's face instantly fell, and his body went rigid. He pulled his body up, revealing his maximum height. I gulped at the tension that suddenly spiked the air.

Then he started walking towards me. My body trembled again, but this time not out of embarrassment, but excitement and dread. It was a rare combination of emotions. There was something dangerous; taunting the ambiance around him. But his face still displayed coolness.

Was the Zayn that lost control yesterday, with breaths staggered and voice uncontrollable just from my imagination? Right now, standing in front of me he looked cold and his emotions were hard to decipher - save for his eyes. It was heated and I couldn't tell if it was from anger or something else.

"Adalia" he uttered my name in a stern tone. "I smell no alcohol on you, neither right now nor yesterday. And believe me, I have an incredulous sense of smell."

I sharply inhaled back the air that I was just about to exhale. My senses were going off in alarm and my hair rose. He has detected my lies, and something tells me he isn't too happy about it.

He moved even closer to me, only stopping when his toes were almost touching mine. He brought his fingertips to brush against my chin and his smokey voice dropped a tone lower. "Gorgeous you can deny what happened yesterday, but never claim to forget my touch. It is steering up a beast inside me that you're oblivious to."

A beast? I didn't know what he was talking about, but at the same time, I felt like I knew. Like I should know.

He continued. "If you say you forgot my touch, it only makes me want to do unimaginable things to you. Things that you'll never for the life of you forget. Things that'll be permanently infused on your skin. Every breath you take, and every step you move, you'll be forced to remember what I feel like."

Goosebump was beginning to prickle my skin and I wanted to rub my arms, but I felt too paralyzed at the moment to move. His words were turning me on, at the same time stirring up all sorts of emotions within me. And all he was doing was grazing me with his fingertips and tracing my neck with his eyes.

My body was involuntarily leaning forward to his, just as I was about to relax into his arms, my alarm rang again and I jolted. Stupid fucking alarm. It just kept ringing, as if trying to wake me up from my daze and from my naughty imagination.

"Zayn" I breathed "I have to go to work"

"Don't go," he said and my eyes snapped to his.

There were golden speckles floating around his eyes, swarming over his electric blue as if fighting for control. His eyes are so interesting and mesmerizing. So enchanting and divine. So merciless yet affectionate.

"But I can't just ditch work today" I managed to say. "I already left early yesterday"

"It's fine. Don't go to work" he said again.

I blinked in disbelief. Maybe rich and substantial people like him didn't need to go to work every day and could go whenever they pleased. But that wasn't the case for us poor scrubs. We actually have schedules and rules to follow if we want money.

"Zayn..." I was about to protest when his head dipped down and his face came so dangerously close to mine.

His breath fanned my face, and his hands encircled my waist. His lips were mere inches from mine as he said again "Don't go to work, but instead go on a date with me."