chapter 6 : just for once, please!

Taehyun was watching Beomgyu as he was drawing something into his sketchbook.
"What are you drawing?"
"That's a badger."
"Badger? What is that?"
"You don't know what badger is? I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of your rooms but it's stuffed."
"Oh, an animal?"
"Yes? The little black and white one."
"I know now. I didn't know it's called badger."
"That's... sad... how come you didn't know?"
"I don't know... I wish I knew more."
"Didn't you say your parents want you to read educational books?"
"Their idea of education is a lot different from yours and mine it seems..."
Beomgyu put his sketchbook away and looked at Taehyun.
"I want to teach you everything I know. It's so obvious that you are curious and you're willing to learn."
That made Taehyun very happy, he felt so wanted and cared about with Beomgyu. He couldn't stop smiling at him.
"Yes, teach me everything, please."
"Okay, let's go to outside."
"Where exactly?"
"Probably the forest. We can watch animals there and also insect and of course plants."
"I'm afraid my parents won't let me go."
"Ugh... sorry, I'm just so tired of hearing this."
"I understand that, I'd be too."
"But it would be nice to go out like that. It's basically a part of biology, education. They should agree on that."
"I'm a bit scared to do that."
"Don't worry, I'll ask them."
"For real?! You'd do that for me?"
"Of course, Tae."
"...What did you just call me?"
"Ehm... Tae?"
"Tae... that's so nice. No one ever called me like that."
"What? Are you serious? You never had a nickname like that?"
"No. Always Taehyun."
"Damn... I'm sorry."
"That feels so... warming being called so nicely."
"Well, I'm glad it flattered you. I will go find your parents now."
"Good luck, you're going to need it."
"I'm so good at convicing, don't worry."
"Uh huh, that's why you're here."
"... Shut up."
Beomgyu got up and walked away. He was looking for Taehyun's parents everywhere until he finally found his mother having tea outside.
"Good afternoon."
She turned behind and saw the prince walking toward her with a smile.
"Good afternoon, Beomgyu. Why aren't you with Taehyun?"
"I'm here to ask you something. Could you please do me a favor?"
"It depends on what you'll ask me."
"Well... could Taehyun PLEASE come with me to the forest?"
"Forest? What do you want to do in the forest?"
"I want to educate him on nature. You know, my hobbies are mainly related to nature. Like plants, insect... and I think it'd be nice to teach him something. He didn't even know what badger is."
"I'm sorry but I don't think that's a good idea. This whole idea screams dirt and I don't want Taehyun to be dirty or something to happen to him."
"Come on! That's the best part of this! Of course we're gonna dig in dirt and mud but this is the best way of learning, he will have a first-hand experience. Just for once, please!"

The queen put her tea cup on the table and sighed. She closed her eyes and thought about it.
"Alright... just for once!"
"Thank you so much! But what if he's going to like it and will want to do it more often?"
"Listen Beomgyu, as long as it doesn't affect him in a bad way and he stays clean, you two can do pretty much everything. If you ask us first of course. But don't forget there are things that just aren't allowed and never will be. We have our rules."
"I understand. Thank you again."
She nodded and Beomgyu excitedly walked away. He went back to the library but didn't see Taehyun anywere.
"Where the hell is he?"
Suddenly he showed up, he was hiding behind a bookshelf.
"Why were you hiding?"
"In case my furious parents would want to kick my ass."
"Don't worry. I talked to your mom and she allowed you to go."
Taehyun couldn't believe it.
"REALLY? DID SHE?"
"Yes! I told you I'm good at convincing."
Taehyun ran to Beomgyu and gave him a hug.
It left Beomgyu in shock and he didn't know how to react. He hasn't been hugged in like forever. Then he slowly hugged him back.
"I'm sorry, I haven't felt this in a while..."
"Me too, don't worry."
Taehyun broke the hug and gave Beomgyu a big smile. "I'm so happy right now, you have no idea what this means to me."
"I think I do. Come with me "
They went to Beomgyu's room and he put some stuff they're going to need into his bag.
"I'm ready, you?"
"Yes, me too. Or at least I think so."
"Nice, let's go."