chapter 3 : meeting mr perfect

Beomgyu was back in their castle, in his beloved room. The only place where he felt like himself. It was the night before leaving and he was packing his stuff the whole evening. He didn't really know what to pack though. He kept deciding between many things and even considered running away but that wouldn't help him at all. "I don't want to leave all my things here, I'm going to miss them." he thought.

One of the biggest hobbies of his was collecting dead insect (butterflies, moths, bugs... ) and other forest stuff. He LOVES nature and likes to decorate his room in that spirit. He also loves books and he couldn't decide which ones to pack with him. He'd rather take his entire bookshelf with him but he's sure Kangs might have some cool books, too.
After some time he fell asleep on the ground beside a lantern.

The next day Mr Kim came to Beomgyu's room to wake him up. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at Mr Kim. "Good morning, prince. I was told to inform you that you're leaving after breakfast." Beomgyu nodded and looked around still sleepy. He finally got up and cleaned the mess, put his luggage on the bed and changed into something 'appropriate'.

 He finally got up and cleaned the mess, put his luggage on the bed and changed into something 'appropriate'

When he did everything he wanted to he went to the dining room but his parents weren't there. He confusely looked around and figured they might be eating outside today. He walked through the hallway and pumped into Ms Ban on his way and it doesn't happen often that he glows himself up like this so she kept staring at him. "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Ms Ban nodded and left the place. Beomgyu minded his own business and kept on walking when he saw his parents having breakfast on the terrace. When he walked there all eyes were on him. "... What?" he asked and everyone looked away again.
"Wow, we weren't expecting you to dress up nicely." said his mother. Beomgyu sat on a chair opposite to his parents, put his legs on the table and took a bite of an apple. "Are you ready? Did you pack everything you need?" asked his father. Beomgyu nodded and kept eating his apple.

After the breakfast Mr Kim helped Beomgyu carry his things down to the carriage.
He said goodbye to everyone and before getting on he sighed and looked at the castle for the last time. "We're going to see each other soon, don't worry." said his mother but Beomgyu wasn'tbworried about that at all, he was not going to miss his parents, only his little safe place which is his room. The carriage started moving and Beomgyu exhaled.

He leaned his head against the wall and that's when million thoughts came to his mind. Isn't he good enough? Is he really THAT bad? What even is bad and what is good? He felt like his parents had given up on him.
He took out his book which was the second part of his favourite story about the boy and the wolf. As he was reading the book they were slowly entering the city where his family's subjects lived. When they noticed it's the prince he could hear some offensive stuff being shouted at him. "Child" was heard the most but he didn't give a shit and continued reading. All he did about it was showing his middle finger but below the window so they wouldn't see it because for a prince it's 'inappropriate' to act this way even though he wished he could show it to them. After a while he closed the window and put his book away, he tried to fall asleep.