𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑶; 𝑳𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆

•••

•••

ATHENA KNOCKS ON THE DOOR OF GRAYSON'S ROOM, seeing that the man was just on his phone. "Gray?" She asks, catching his attention. Grayson glances over at her, meeting her gaze. Athena just wanted to make sure that he was truly okay with doing this. She knew they would have favour with originals but Elena didn't deserve to just be used as a bargaining piece. Although she did look like Katherine, Athena didn't believe she was anything like the backstabbing vampire.

"What's up?" He asks curiously as he puts his phone down to give her his full attention. Athena let's out a sigh as she walks up to him, stopping next to the man.

"Have you really thought this through?" Athena questions, making Grayson furrow his eyebrows as he didn't really know what she was talking about.

"Thought what through?" He asks.

"Giving the doppleganger to the originals." She states, brushing her hands on her pants. Grayson just looked a bit confused, tilting his head.

"Why?"

"She just.. she's innocent." Athena admits as she shrugs her shoulders. Elena didn't exactly do anything to warrant any of this.

"They'll find her regardless." Grayson points out, he knew the originals were searching for the doppleganger nonetheless.

"Maybe not if you don't say anything." Athena retorts and Grayson just sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"This is how we gain favour with the originals, Thena." He tells her but she didn't even think they needed to do that.

"Or maybe they'll just kill us." Athena states as they really didn't know much about the originals behaviour.

"Can everyone stop saying that?" Grayson asks with a groan, why did everyone think that the originals would just take them out?

"You really think they can be trusted?" She questions.

"How are they any different than any other vampires we encounter?"

"Uh, they're originals?"

"Why do you care what happens to her?" Grayson questions, wondering why Athena even wanted to know.

"She didn't ask to be the doppleganger." Athena points out, it wasn't like Elena actually did anything to deserve this. "She deserves to live her life." She states and Grayson sighs as he rubs his face a bit.

"I know that, Athena. But someone else will recognize her eventually." Grayson states, he was not the only one who knew of existence , it was only a matter of time. "At least we'll be gentle." He tells her, it wasn't like they were going to be extremely aggressive with her.

"Can we just think about this, at least for a few days?" Athena asks, at least wanting everyone to be sure before they end up doing this.

"All right, fine." Grayson replied as he nods his head. "A week, maximum." He states, not wanting to hang around any longer.