𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬; 𝑹𝒆𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏

•••

•••

ATHENA SALVATORE was someone who you wouldn't think has lived a very tough life. Mainly because although she looked young, she had lived for quite some time now. Athena has gone through a lot of struggles, some due to her being a vampire, some not. She had persevered through it all, and had always come out okay. Well, mostly okay. Every time, she would lose a piece of herself, more and more gradually. But the thing that often left her in a sort of downed mood, was thinking of her brothers, Stefan and Damon Salvatore.

When she was younger, she had an almost inseparable bond with her brothers. Especially with Stefan, they were the closest amongst the siblings. She was the middle child, Damon being the oldest by four years while Stefan was younger than her by three. Damon was definitely very protective over her, any boy who even glanced in her direction was immediately scared off by him. It made dating almost impossible but their bond never weakened.

That was until the year of 1864, when everything changed and not for the better. A woman by the name of Katherine Pierce had come into their life and at first, it was fun. Athena and Katherine had actually gotten quite close and would hang out constantly when the woman wasn't with her brothers. But as Athena started to notice the rift that Katherine had made between her brothers, was when she started to distance herself from the vampire.

But on the night that her father led a group to get rid of the vampires in their village, she was killed by the older woman before she could even think of running. Katherine had snapped her neck, Athena didn't know why, she still didn't, but for some reason, Katherine had decided to kill her with her blood in Athena's system.

And when she awoke, she would learn that her brothers were also turned. Although, Stefan seemed to be the only one who wanted to willingly become a vampire. Damon and Athena were on the edge, and Athena was close to just letting herself die. That was until Stefan forced her to drink blood, turning her into this monster.

She sort of understood why Stefan did what he did, he didn't want to lose them. But he didn't even give Athena a choice, and worst of all, he became very distant with her. After that night, they rarely saw each other more than a few times a year, sometimes never. The last time she ever saw Stefan, was in the year 1896, and their last conversation wasn't exactly one of love. Athena had tried to search for him but it seemed like the man had completely vanished.

Damon on the other hand, she hadn't seen him since 1875. She didn't even understand why he had left her so abruptly, it wasn't like there was any bad blood between them. One day he was there and the next, he was just gone. And he never came back. Athena tried to think of what she couldve possibly done to lose her older brother, but as much as she thought about it, she couldn't think of one reason.

A knock on the door behind her, brings her out of her thoughts. "Thena." She hears from behind her causing her to turn around. Athena notices Harry standing by the door, a bit concerned as she seemed to be deep in thought about something.