Author's Note

Hello! So before wasting your time with the boring stuff, please be warned that this is a SEQUEL! Which means if you want to know what is going on then you need to read Curse of Ravens first.

This is a Mikaelsons/Vampire Diaries/Legacies fanfiction! I do not own the TVD universe or those characters. However, this is the kind of fanfiction where my characters fit into this world. Therefore, it has original themes/plots/characters and will not be primarily focused on the Originals (though they are major players).

Usually this kind of story is a turn off for people, but if you've already read Curse of Ravens, then you know what to expect! This will be just like that, but it will likely be lengthier than the first book, will have more romance, and more murder- yay!

Same trigger warnings go for this book as the last one. Instances of traumatic events, murder, torture, sex, mental illness, etc. if you are at risk of being triggered from anything, I don't recommend reading on. Your mental health matters more than this fanfiction written by a random stranger on the internet. This will be the only warning I give. This is mature content so let's all be mature about it!

Canon things have been altered. This includes plots, character deaths, ages of the characters, and even personality traits. Below is a reminder of what I've changed from canon, and a summary of where we left off in the first story.

Major changes from canon:

1. The Originals are alive and lack martyr tendencies.

2.. Caroline and Klaus are together. They conceived a child thanks to some magical spell by Bonnie.

4. Their child is Alice Mikaelson, who is the protagonist.

5. I threw away the Malivore plot line.

Summary of where we left off:

1. Alice used the Ritual of Eclipse of the Four Suns to bind Inadu's soul to the planetary eclipse, thereby freeing Hope from the Hollow and allowing her family to reunite.

2. In order to prepare for this ritual, Alice has deceived the Ravenson family which is a part of the worldwide witch coven known as Clan Hela. Alice used Aleksandr and Anastasia Ravenson (twins) as conduits to channel all of Clan Hela's magic for the ritual.

3. Aleksandr and Anastasia had no idea they would be being used as conduits rather than simply channeling their own magic (not the magic of all of Clan Hela)

4. The ritual was a success, but it nearly killed Alice due to the amount of magical energy it required. It did kill Aleksandr. Alice used a necromancy ritual called the Rite of Hekate to bring Aleksandr back from the dead. She offered up her own life in exchange for bringing him back.

5. Alice has turned into a vampire.

Other notes to remember from the previous reading:

1. Alice has deciphered Kramer's language. Kramer is a warlock who was brought back from the dead by a Clan Hela scholar named Viktoria Erikson. Viktoria died bringing Kramer back to life.

2. Kramer has created what is called "Kramer marks" a form of magic that transcends natural boundaries and gives unique powers and abilities to non-magical beings.

3. Alice is on Clan Hela's "list" which is essentially a list of people who are wanted by the witch coven for crimes they have committed against the coven. The people in charge of hunting down those on this list are called "Witch catchers" a group of highly trained, hard-to-kill, witches and warlocks who are kinda like bounty hunters.

4. Clan Onyx is a large vampire coven who was under the leadership of Aurora De Martel before Alice killed Aurora in the previous reading. Clan Onyx has members across the world.
Clan Onyx= Vampires
Clan Hela= Witches/warlocks

If there's any other major changes to the canon world that occurs through the chapters, I will address it in a short author's note at the end of the chapter.

I publish my rough drafts so there may be grammatical or spelling mistakes. It's unlikely I'll ever get around to fixing them. Otherwise, I try to write so it's enjoyable for my readers.

If you like a chapter, or like a quote or think something is cool or anything, please comment or vote!

xx Lucifer