Chapter 5: Date Ruined?!

Niall’s POV

“Who cares about her, Niall? We’re your best friends and you’re not supposed to keep stuff like this from us.” Harry said.

“If you were my best friend you would respect my privacy and my girlfriend.” I said getting up. I can’t believe they were being so rude. I stormed downstairs to the bathroom and knocked on the door. “Bethany?” 

Beth’s POV

I heard a knock on the door. “Yes?” I said my voice cracking. I was scared it was one of the boys.

“It’s me.” I heard Niall’s Irish accent. I got up and unlocked the door letting him in. He squeezed inside the now tiny bathroom. “I’m sorry about the boys. They’re not used to me having a girlfriend.” 

I shrugged. “I didn’t expect them to be so mean.” I said sniffing.

“They’ll warm up, I promise.” He said. “Come on upstairs, please.” 

I looked up at his pleading eyes. “Alright.” I said. He took my hand and we walked upstairs.

The boys stopped their conversation when they saw us. Niall cleared his throat. “You guys know I love you but I really like Bethany and if you can’t except that then I guess we’re not friends.” He said.  I looked up at Niall. He was choosing me over his friends.

They all looked at each other and Liam got up and said, “I don’t even know her so if you say she’s cool then she’s cool, right boys?” He turned and looked at them. Harry and Louis frowned and nodded.

“She’s obviously so perfect that Niall tried to keep her all to himself.” Zayn said laughing. We all laughed but it felt kind of forced not like when Niall and I are joking around.

Niall and I sat down and Niall told them the whole story of how we met and why we kept it a secret. They seemed to understand but Louis and Harry were still a little cold to me. Every time I would say something they would coldly dismiss it and change the subject.

The date had been pretty much ruined but I still give Niall props for trying. We got off the boat and I said bye to the boys. Niall and I walked to our car. We stood in front of it. Niall got close to me and he looked at my lips. I closed my eyes waiting for the kiss. Then I heard a honk and the boys drove past in their car. I opened my eyes and sighed. The moment was ruined. Niall cleared his throat. “I better get you home.” He said opening the car door for me. I got in buckled. Niall got in and started the car. 

“Sorry, our date was ruined.” He said.

I shrugged. “It’s not your fault. It was fun.” I lied.